konalavadome

BLESS YOUR SOUL

• 30 Replies

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
hi guys,

I've put this up just to show how I feel totally and utterly stabbed in the back
I did these lyrics out of kindness to help someone that said they needed them
and they were going to be used for charity, I'm sorry tone but this is not funny
it's insulting,  THANKS SAEED...

https://soundcloud.com/tony-mcglinchey

BLESS YOUR SOUL
         ------ = = ------

bless you and bless your soul
 in this world so beautiful
 make a change and see the need
 rid this world of pain and greed

bless you and bless your soul
 in this world so wonderful
 feed the hungry children please
 vaccinate against disease

happy smiling faces glow
 raise the sun and free the shadows
 refresh the soul with heavens rain
 stop the teardrops and the pain

bless your soul

give and take means harmony
 push corruption to the sea
 look to see what the picture means
 a world of happiness is our dream

give and take means harmony
 push corruption to the sea
 look to see what the picture means
 a world of happiness is our dream

bless you bless your soul
 mix the colours of the rainbow
 this world is every body's home

watch the nourished flowers grow

watch the nourished flowers grow

watch the nourished flowers grow...

tony Mcglinchey / Saeed Alsuri callab,
 Β© copyright house all rights reserved...

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
*Jess rushes to forum drama*
*Grabs film camera, microphone and tape recorder*
Are you saying Saeed stole your lyrics? Or song? I'm confused ???
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
hi jess,

ha ha ha ha that was good,  I wouldn't do this under any other circumstances
but this is a callab between me and saeed, then he told me he shelved it
but changed most of the words and put it out as his own,
he would not have that structure with his lyrics and the melody is there to be read
so I did feel a little peeved,   
                                           I just don't want this kind of thing on here,  tony

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
ok, nothing compared to Benjo
and i thought i better be silent at first, but i just read this post from Benjo  now...
and i feel i have to respond

i might as well share my experience on this particular track, i spent a day recording mrs. DB's vocals, and putting them on two tracks in wav file and send them to Saeed, i am pretty sure looking at Benjo's lyrics

these were the lyrics, and i still have the track with Mrs. DB vocals mixed to Saeeds vocals and seperately

if any one is interested  ;D ;D ;D ;D
i got a nice thank you e-mail from Saeed, i think praising the tracks

but then the project stopped, and i thought, Saeed was being nice, and he didn't like the tracks, and that is fine, they were not that good, we have a Dutch accent, there were timing issues, so i could fully understand, really delete these tracks etc. but since it just was silent i sort thought the project was stopped, and i wished Saeed to just continue the way he wanted to head, and apparently he didn't need the singing tracks of mrs. DB, so it is good he continued, but reading this post of Benjo i just want  to say i was suprised about it surfacing like this, if i was Saeed i would have talked about it, just saying something like, you understand i could not use these tracks from you, because they were not good or something like that, and i would have been the first one to say: yes, of course, because they were not good

but i read this now, and it reads to me as if Saeed wrote the lyrics or finsihed them because nobody helped him, and while i was in this process of recording the vocals, that i see posted here, these were the vocals my wife sung and i was in the understanding that Benjo played a role in that, and that is was a sort of Saeed and Benjo collaboration in which others were invited to try to donate a vocal, which we did

i really felt i should just share this for some reason, for Benjo perhaps, or for myself

so, anyone  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dwants to hear the Saeed sings with Mrs. DB version with these lyrics  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

no seriously, i am confused once more, and as an admistrator i should look into these things first in detail, i know

but i just felt saying it right away

really confusing

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:29:16 PM by Dutchbeat »

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
Hi  BENJO   I feel for you  &  I think you have a  lovely set of lyrics & the idea & concept should
always be credited to where or whom it originated from. If a collaboration collapses & continues by two parties or is used later........it should be credited to the originator.  I read  Dutchs post  & it seems to verify ownership goes to Benjo.  I began by saying.....I feel for you....as this has happened to me
too ( see Awareness thread in Bar). I think  perpetrators should  own up to  where the song or tune came from  & credit  the rightful person. In this case:   Benjo   (Paul)

Hopefully  Saeed Al Suri will do the right thing & credit   you  for your song.....

R'gardzzzz   Stylus   :)

Jess take a picture of me.........I'm lovely!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
                  Jess take a picture of me.........I'm lovely!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
πŸ‘ΈπŸ“·         πŸ‘¨ 
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Just to be sure, my point is that Benjo should have be acredited for writing the lyrics, part of the lyrics, the song idea on the last post from Saeed, and i think the poster could add that even now, perhaps, that would just be fair, i think

Dutchbeat

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »
and now i even looked into it  >:( >:( >:(
boy, why don't people just acknowledge each other, it costs nothing..
still can be rectified now, Saeed

but it something was like this:

Saeed asks on the collaboration board if some one can help him and Collaborate with him

he has a title, and a few half sentences, and i would say there is a song concept already there  ;D ;D ;D

Benjo steps in, and makes this into full lyrics as we see them in this thread

it looks like a real collaboration, Saeed records these lyrics, various posts, and posts, post to invite people to lend a vocal etc. for this particular song, as it is, i would think

so we put in the work (not that that matters) to specifically follow this mix, these lyrics, the timing which Saeed is singing

ok, Saeed you didnt like the lyrics anyway (and the singing  ;D ;D ;D)

but your last set of lyrics, to me really has been build on what Benjo nicely made out of your half lines and rough idea...even though you changed the lines

well, perhaps this is good moment to put my administrator position up for replacement by others

because i just want to be able to respond to this like i do now  ;D ;D ;D

for some reason, i think this is not OK  >:(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:55:33 PM by Dutchbeat »

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 10:44:49 PM »
hi guys,

please believe me, I do not want this kind of friction on this site,
I spoke to tone privately about this and I was prepared to let it go when I saw this on saeeds thread
even though I was not happy,
but to put this up on the forum I actually worked on this with saeed, is so insulting to me
and anyone else that tried to help in a charity cause,

dutchbeat,  you have no need to feel that you should give up admin,
because you did nothing wrong, you and your partner only tried to help as I did,

when I got in touch with saeed about his post for help, I wrote the total lyrics around
a title that he had chosen, out of respect for him, and he loved them and everything about them
he then sent me a demo, witch I copyrighted, and he was delighted and asked others
like dutchbeat to get involved,  then all went silent
and in my opinion saeed worked on changing words so that he could keep this for himself
the structure in those lyrics is the melody used, and the original version, I don't know what I did to
upset saeed or what suddenly changed his mind, but in my opinion it is to keep this piece
for himself,  sorry for going on but it's not very nice,

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
And the moral of the story is................. DIY from concept to print!!! That way there's no dubiety about who owns what.
Should be a lesson or 2 in here somewhere.

Failing that both parties should get their todgers out and the biggest wins  ;D

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »
mark ryan,

how do you do it yourself
if one doesn't do music, and the other doesn't do lyrics
that's why we have callabs, some of the greatest artists through history had to do it that way
I don't want to own anything, it's the principal,
how it was done, i'm sure you'd feel the same,

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »
to be fair he probably didnt set out to keep them for himself, just got precious about his vision for the song which you obviously had helped him achieve and for that you deserve a credit.
but whether you get one or not is another matter and as mark said, its a lesson
your keen to collaborate with others and come up with great ideas, thats your winning ticket,
you can do it and it obviously works well or you wouldnt have this problem..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »
mark ryan,

how do you do it yourself
if one doesn't do music, and the other doesn't do lyrics
that's why we have callabs, some of the greatest artists through history had to do it that way
I don't want to own anything, it's the principal,
how it was done, i'm sure you'd feel the same,

No I wouldn't feel the same Tony, because I wouldn't work in the circumstances you have been doing in any industry never mind the music industry. I would never collaborate on a project with people I don't know without a watertight contract guaranteeing me ownership of my work.
Whether you do music or not, when writing lyrics you must have some kind of melody going on in your head. If you don't have that then you're writing poetry. Therefore you do what you have to do to get the melody down on tape. So if you have to play it in note by note to a midi track, or even if you have to hum it into your iphone you do what you need to do to get your idea down. If all you're writing is lyrics you are writing 50% of a song, and if your lyrics are used then 50% is exactly what you own. If someone else has written a melody then they own the other 50%. That's how the music industry works the world over.
Therefore I refer to my initial statement.......If you don't want this sort of thing to happen you have to do it yourself from start to finish.
As for collabs being done the world over, these are done with a legally binding contract in place, clearly stating who owns what. You don't do anything in the music industry when working with others, without some sort of contract, regardless of what level you're working at. Otherwise you get situations like this one.
Also, please remember......You can write a song without the requirement for lyrics. But you can't write a song without a melody.
I agree you deserve a credit of sorts, but if Saeed has done the music and melody, and as it seems a fair part of the lyrics, then he owns more than 50% of this track. You can't copyright a structure, a concept, or an idea for a song. We all have these. The secret is being able to put all these things together with a catchy melody, and in most cases some decent lyrics, to make a completed song.
So like I said earlier, you should take a couple of valuable lessons from this experience Tony. That's the best advice I can give you right now.

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 01:18:46 AM »
Can I just ask, what lyrics of yours are used in Saeed's song Tony? Just so I can have a better understanding of what's gone on here