Songwriter Forum > Competitions

Old For New

<< < (2/12) > >>

Wicked Deeds:
@pompeyjazz, John, what are you reworking?  It doesn't look like there is much enthusiasm but I'll keep asking others to join in.

Paul

pompeyjazz:
@Wicked Deeds Hi Paul - It's a song called "People" that I originally wrote in 2015 the day after the Bataclan attack. The initial recording was not too good as I had just got into using a DAW - I've totally reworked it and re-recorded etc etc - Just finished it actually  :)

Wicked Deeds:
What I will say is that the established arrangement is so entrenched in my brain that it's very difficult to add new parts for fear of losing the essence of what has gone before.  I've replaced bass, panned differently, eq'd instruments and mainly compressed the vocal.  What has your plan been John @pompeyjazz?

pompeyjazz:
@Wicked Deeds I Completely replaced everything apart from a couple of synth sounds that I liked. Re programmed the drums, played a different bass and guitar part. re-recorded the vocals, mixed with the knowledge that I have acquired since the first recording. Fascinating to do and to see what I was doing back in 2015 !

Wicked Deeds:
@pompey Jazz

My track is from a similar time John.  I've been editing the vocal as it clips in places.  It's a delicate job to get the balance right.   I don't want to lose the emotion that i might not recapture if I sing it again.

I'm trying to add one or two new parts without changing it too much.  I think perhaps it would have been easier to write a whole new song.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version