Open Summer Beach competition - the winner is..

• 132 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »
Hi everyone, I am very sorry but I think youd better scratch my song from the competition.
Tbh I got fed up a few weeks ago & decided to have a break from the forum, but I keep thinking I must get reviewing all the competition songs, as I entered one.
But as soon as I log in & see how many there are, I despair & log out.
I am very sorry.

x
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »
Aw...you're absolutely one of favourite forum peeps...I couldn't have got through FAWM without you...please just dip in as and when you can...it'll always be lovely to hear from you.

It is very hard to keep up with the forum these days...

Paul x

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
Hey Tina, you are a fantastic inspired and incredibly tallented contributor to the forum. It's sure difficult to keep up with everything that's going on for sure. Just dip in when you can. Take care. John

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
I don't remember there previously being a rule that you have to review all the songs, just to listen to them and make a reasoned vote.

Sometimes it is the thought of having to make a constructive and 'nice' review on a song that doesn't really appeal to you in any way that causes time-consuming mental problems.....better not to comment at all perhaps than spend ages racking your brain for something to say then just adding another meaningless review like 'Nice one....loved it'.

Tina, just give the songs a listen and comment only if you feel moved to do so. then you can make your vote and still be in the running. Nobody is going to object to that surely.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
Yep please don't disappear completely Tina, like a lot of people here I look forward to your insightful (& funny) posts and especially your kick-ass tracks.  I don't remember a rule you have to comment on every track in the comp either so just kick back & enjoy.
It's all too beautiful.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2017, 11:46:53 PM »
Thank you guys thats very sweet of you :)
I know theres no rule to say you have to review every song...
 I meant Im a commited member here & I would expect to listen to every entry if I was entering the competition. As I wont be, I dont feel I should be in the comp.
I havent given up music, I just felt I wanted a break from this forum that I do really love!
It expects certain things of you if youre committed to it, one of those is constant reviewing of songs & the other is that its a songwriter forum & I want to write other things than songs ... at the moment!
I will definitely be back ok, in a month or two, & I hope you will all still be here becos I will miss you :)

x
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Oldbutyet

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2017, 12:23:02 AM »
Thank you guys thats very sweet of you :)
I know theres no rule to say you have to review every song...
 I meant Im a commited member here & I would expect to listen to every entry if I was entering the competition. As I wont be, I dont feel I should be in the comp.
I havent given up music, I just felt I wanted a break from this forum that I do really love!
It expects certain things of you if youre committed to it, one of those is constant reviewing of songs & the other is that its a songwriter forum & I want to write other things than songs ... at the moment!
I will definitely be back ok, in a month or two, & I hope you will all still be here becos I will miss you :)

x

Ah shit Tina.

Im getting emotional now, you're one of the reasons why i rejoin this forum but hey, fully understandable  8) 

We're trying to put together a group collaboration on this link, like to know what your thoughts are.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13407.0

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I am very sorry but I think youd better scratch my song from the competition.
Tbh I got fed up a few weeks ago & decided to have a break from the forum, but I keep thinking I must get reviewing all the competition songs, as I entered one.
But as soon as I log in & see how many there are, I despair & log out.
I am very sorry.

x

Hi Tina! I hope you enjoy your deserved break and look forward to seeing you around soon :)

I really appreciate the time you've taken to review my tracks  8) and I hope yours don't get scratched from no competition! Take it easy and catch ya soon

Darren

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
Ok firstly I want to apologise for any tracks I may not have commented on. There's been so many and I can't remember which I have replied to and which not. So sorry...

Secondly and the reason I've been drawn to post here is just to stay what a tough time I am having choosing just 3 from such a great selection of songs. In all honesty some of these deserve radio time!! Some really great music...thank you all for sharing!

Darren

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
I have cast my ballot across the sea - F#ck man there's a lot of fine talent on this here faarrm!  :o :o
Definitely not drinking from the toilet when you vote in this race  ;D ;D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »
Yeah...I've voted too...I think I've commented on every song...if I've missed anyone - please give me a shout  :)

Big thanks to Neil C and PompeyJohn...this has been a great competition with probably the best bunch of songs to pick from that I've ever seen in my time here...amazing quality of entries...

Well done everyone!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
Thanks everybody who has voted so far. It is really, really difficult to pick a top three let alone put them in order.

Just a reminder that voting closes next Friday (21st July) so plenty of time to get your votes in

Cheers

John  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
What! I rushed my votes, because I thought it closed on the 14th :o
Didn't see where that date changed, I guess  ::)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »
I'm in the Middle of relocating and have been listening to the songs again. Making my choice is extremely difficult.  It's so difficult as I could easily replace my top choices with so many quality entries to chose from.   ??? 

Well done everyone!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2017, 12:55:28 PM »
I've voted and if anyone hasn't then so should you!

Today's the last day I think?!

One of the best quality comps I can remember!