konalavadome

Envying Love EP

• 7 Replies

Suzy Macdougal

• Busker
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and was wondering whether any of you would be interested in reviewing my four original songs on pending the forthcoming release of my EP 'Envying Love'. 

My official website is www.suzymacdougal.co.uk and all of my songs are available on the music player - likewise, my 'Free Stuff' page has downloadable backing tracks, lyric sheets and chord charts for anyone who may be interested.

I would love to know what you all think of my songs as this is my first release.

Kind regards,
Suzy
x

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
I just had a listen to your songs and they're brilliant. I like your voice, I like the arrangements, I like the range of styles from the passive Fade Away to the active I Never Loved You. It's the kind of music where you sit back and let it immerse you in its moves and moods. I always have time for this kind of jazz; its so unpretentious and honest. Great performances form all the musicians involved (I'm assuming you didn't play all the instruments because the photos show you playing everything except the light switches  ;) )

An EP to be proud of.

Chris

ps Who's Elvis?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
Hi Suzy

Welcome to the forum - why not head over to the introductions board and tell us a bit about yourself.

I usually ask members to post one song at a time. That way I think you get a better response and more thoughtful feedback.

Enjoying your music so far though...

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »
Hi Suzy and welcome

love your tracks, there smooth and much better that the 'garbage' on TV these days, also i like the intro to ' Fade Away' it makes me just fade out and the rest just makes me chill.

Suzy Macdougal

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
Thank you for the reviews guys. Your words are very encouraging.  ;D

Introductions board - what a good idea! Thanks Tone.

Suzy
x

TNMC

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
Hi Suzy,

Welcome to the forum.

Love your laid back style, your great vocals and beautiful songwriting. I'm trying really hard to find something critical to say so that I might sound like I know what I'm talking about but I can't find anything to criticise. Lovely.

Liam.

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
Hi Suzy - I think my closest point of reference to your music would be Swing Out Sister - sophisticated; pop infused, but clearly jazzy, with all the good qualities (like musicianship and songwriting) that it includes as part of the overall package. You really are very, very good at what you do.

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:01:24 AM »
Hi Suzy,
              Envying Love: I loved this. Very cool sound. You've a great voice.
              Summer Days: spacedogg was right when he said 'Swing Out Sister'! I can totally hear it. That's not taking anything away from you of course. Again... great vocal.
              Fade Away: 30 seconds in and i already love it. Will your melody ruin it?........................... NO!!! This is my favourite!! So good!!!
              I Never Loved You: damn it... not a big fan of this one. Sorry :(

All in all... great tracks. They all sound great (well produced etc). Loved Fade Away!! You've a beautiful voice. I'm a fan ;)

All the best
Paul
p.s. if you get the chance, please review my song 'Brand New' here
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/brand-new-%28considering-entering-it-in-the-uk-songwriting-contest%29/
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)