konalavadome

War in Heaven

• 4 Replies

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« on: September 10, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
Started this ages ago and haven't done any work on it for quite a while. It's going to be a concept album eventually about the struggle for power and the war in heaven between God and some Angels who turn against him after he creates man, which makes them jealous. Inspiration taken from The Bible and The Prophecy films. Still needs lots of work but what interested to learn what you guys think.
I would really like to add some strings and brass but I'll have to wait until I can afford a controller keyboard :)
It is quite long because it's all one file and every section flows into the next. Or at least I hope it flows haha.

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
Hi Schavuitje

This is a brave project! Lovely ambience and nice smooth transitions. I wondered if there were a couple of timing issues with the guitar part in places - nothing too obvious, but maybe in need of slight tweaking?

I think the mood definitely fits the subject matter - it reminded me a little of God Speed You Black Emperor who did the title music for 28 Days Later.

I think this is the first instrumental review thread, so thanks for getting the ball rolling :)

Keep us up to date with your progress on this one.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
Thanks for your comments Tone :)
Yes there certainly are some parts where the timing is out. This was one of the first things I started recording when I got my ux1 and when I used ableton live8 for the first time without any instructions :p
I had loads of trouble getting my delay on the guitar in sync with the tempo of the track. Still not sure how to do that now but as soon as I work it out I will go back and tweak it :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
Very nice, Schavuitje

tension is building just great...

but then at 2.35, this sort of stops..mainly because of the delay on the guitar

and then from 4.50 is becomes nice and peaceful

very nice! but the part from 2.35 to 4.50 needs more work, peaceful rythm should be preserved, I think :P

Dutchbeat
btw is that you Schavuitje?..on that camera shy picture?

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
Yes that is me on the Camera Shy picture :)

I appreaciate your comments. There is definately a lot more work needed on this project but I just never seem to get to it at the moment because I'm so busy writing and recording new Songs. I want enough good ones to fill an album.
Two new ones are going very well and should be up on the site soon.
When they are done i'll put them on here :)