Hello :)

• 2 Replies

Olly Culley

• Busker
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
hey everyone :)

My names Olly, im a popular music student and ive been a musician for 11 years. Up until about 5 years ago I was mainly playing guitar and drums, then started singing, now I want to seriously think about writing from a solo perspective.

Ive been busking almost weekly since the start of this year and before I moved to uni me and my mates at home would always play random little gigs and jam/practise at school or in our sheds.

I listen to loads of different styles of music, and I've had a bit of a John Mayer addiction at the moment (Continuum absolutely blows my mind) but my itunes has some really different genres.. bands like suicide silence, eminem, simon and garfunkel, mumford and sons, youmeatsix, the 1975, local natives, jack johnson, adele, the strokes, trivium, iron maiden, olly murs, ed sheeran, secondhand serenade, red hot chili peppers, and jamie T to name a few... Im not really sure which direction I want my music to go in terms of genre, but Im hoping to be able to get some help on here as well as being able to provide you guys with some reviews :)

Cheers,

Olly Culley

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:50:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum Olly! You've found a great place to share your songwriting journey with lots of supportive & like-minded folks.

Stick around, have fun :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 08:57:46 PM »
Hi Olly,

welcome to the forum,

Keith