Hey guys!

• 3 Replies

HaydnTheNormal

• Busker
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »
Alright people,

My name is Haydn Davies, I am 21 years old and I've just graduated from University (scary stuff). I studied Popular Music, and it's only this year that I've came out of my shell and decided to start up a Rock & Roll band, we call ourselves Haydn & The Normals, we've been going for about a year now and things are looking pretty good.

With Haydn & The Normals, I decided that I wanted to write the songs that I've always wanted to write, I've been an acoustic songwriter for many years, just doing stuff on my own, but I definitely prefer writing songs in a rock & roll style, because it's a lot more fun and I feel more comfortable writing songs about controversial topics that I would have otherwise ignored if I continued with my 'sensitive acoustic guitar guy' escapade.

I've mainly joined these forums because I'm looking for some critique from other songwriters of all genres of music, rather than just my former classmates who have supported me all the way, I'll also be critiquing other peoples songs, but that will happen after I post up a song of my own that I have written.

I must warn you all before I go ahead and start posting songs and lyrics, my songwriting style is quite 'out there', there are loads of blatant drug references, swearing and lots of surrealist humor in places and social commentary. Saying this, I'd  really like to make it clear that all of my lyrics have lots of hidden meanings in them, so please don't read my lyrics thinking the obvious, obviously I'll explain the full meaning and the intention of the song before I post them.

So anyways, that's me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully getting some great critique and feedback from everyone!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »
Hi Haydn,

welcome to the forum. Looks like your songs are something to look forward to. Pull up a chair and enjoy your stay. Don't forget to read the rules and give feedback to other people, its what makes the forum such a nice place to be.

Keith

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:38:25 PM »
Hayden, welcome aboard and have fun. The more you give, the more you get including constructive feedback. Personally I'd let the lyrics speak for themselves and see what the good people think.
 ;)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

HaydnTheNormal

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
Cheers guys,
I have posted the song up now!
Looking forward to hearing what you all think!