konalavadome

No Olvidados - Para Mi Amiga Moraamarolaoba

• 9 Replies

Kafla

« on: October 27, 2023, 01:06:03 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/andrewcruse/no-olvidados?si=b3fb8aec7a104e9ba82e0cdace8a2a05&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I have been missing. Life has taken over a little and I have had no real urge to write, which is fine as long as it doesn't turn into the 5 years it did previously lol

I have written and produced approximately 100 songs in the last 10 years. I reckon I have posted no more than 15 on the forum so I am afraid to say you are going to be subjected to some of my rougher cuts....but there is some of my favs in here as well. Clearly, my production skills have improved but I still prefer getting the essence of a song down rather than worrying about strange frequencies....of which there are many in my head!

I was struck by @moraamarolaloba post about not feeling great and also the heartfelt declaration of kinship felt in the forum. I have often felt that this is a place where we focus on the things that unite us rather than religion, politics, and strong opinions on other issues....its marvellous.

@moraamarolaloba I truly hope you are ok and I am sending much love.

So I probably would never have shared this song under any other circumstances - after all who wants to hear a wee Scottish guy singing in Spanish! I must practice my B sound for the Vs....

Me encanta Espana....I spend a lot of time in the country and plan to spend even more. I wrote this song as a kind of love letter to Spain. At the time the country was getting it really tight from Covid. It's a simple little ditty really but my Mum wants it played at her funeral which really makes me laugh ahhahahhaha....wee Easterhouse woman singing Spanish!

I now understand how difficult it is to write in another language....and the song only has 8 plays :(

Anyway nerviously here goes and I will catch up on reviews asap.

Peace and love, Andy.

No olvidados

algunas palabras simples,
para hacerte sonreir,
y ayudarte a lo largo de tu día.
¡Te deseo suerte!

Espero que estés sonriendo,
hoy y mañana y siempre.
Espero que sepas el tipo de amor,
que te lleva a casa por la noche.

Espero que bailes muy pronto,
y bebas bajo el sol.
Para sentarte con tu familia y amigos,
y pensar en los que se fueron,
pero que no han sido olvidados.

No olvidados

not forgotten

some simple words,
to make you smile,
and help you throughout your day.
I wish you luck!

I hope you're smiling,
today and tomorrow and forever.
I hope you know the kind of love,
that takes you home at night.

I hope you dance very soon,
and drink under the sun.
To sit with your family and friends,
and think about those who left,
but they have not been forgotten.

not forgotten

https://soundcloud.com/andrewcruse/no-olvidados?si=b3fb8aec7a104e9ba82e0cdace8a2a05&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 01:15:31 PM by kafla »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 02:46:37 PM »
This is a really beautiful song Andy @kafla I admire you for having the balls to sing in another language, something I have done several times myself and after the initial self doubt I did get into it. It makes you think about all the hard work that non-native English speakers put into their work to sing in English. This has a lovely melody and wonderful sentiments without being too slushy and it's always great to hear your brilliant vocals, they have so much character and style - Beunos mon amigo  :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 03:59:46 PM »
@Kafla,  welcome back to the forum my dear friend.

I love the contrast between the finger-picked guitar and piano in your opening gambit and then your lovely voice comes in.  It has a calming, reassuring quality regardless of the language that it caresses.  Reading through the English translation,  the words could make a strong man cry.

Beautiful!

Paul

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 05:00:19 PM »
Hola @kafla

I received the notification letting me know that you mentioned me in your post... And I got such a pleasant surprise!!!! First, I thank you very much that you remembered me and second: I loved your song!!! I like the accent, surely my accent is very smile in English.... hahaha. but I loved yours!!!

The song is really pretty, very moving but with so much positivism!!
Do you know? It's funny, I have felt like Spain with Covid. hahahah

great lyrics and a reminder of those who are no longer here... which puts us all in the same emotional spot.

You made me very happy. Thanks for this gift.

I am fine, I will be fine and I will continue to be even the day I am no more.

Life is a gift but it is also a profession and I am a great professional. hahaha The salary I earn from living is being able to continue looking at things with a smile despite the reality that so few, so few, impose on us, something that always baffles me hahaha

I'm glad to see you back on this bus towards yourself!!!
I got off at the stop of my YouTube channel, there I will only have to take care of my work.... loneliness? No, will.

Hasta pronto amigo!!! Spain loves your song!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 07:01:06 PM »
What a fabulous song and sentiment. There's something fantastic about genuinely wishing good things for other people with no payback expected. Your Spanish is also excellent. Great to hear you again, I've missed your unique way.

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 11:46:02 PM »
Hi @kafla

What a wonderful song. Your voice is, as ever, beautiful and I wish we got to hear it more.

I think this is such a charming sentiment and the story behind it is absolutely lovely. Well done, great job - encore.

Don't be a stranger, you are very, very talented and enthuse your music with love and life.

All the best,

CCB

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 12:27:47 AM »
What a great song. I share your thoughts about Mora. I'm not sure that I'd be brave enough to attempt a song in Spanish. I can speak a bit of French so I might be tempted to give that a try one day. This is excellent and very uplifting. Nicely done. :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 11:40:52 AM »
Hey Andy.

Awesome work to sing in another lingo and still pull it off with such aplomb.

Mind you,I've probably said it before,but you could sing the alphabet and I'd still be hooked by your voice.

Good to hear you man.  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 12:24:27 AM »
This sounds so infectious and carefree...and what a really lovely thing to do.

I just dropped in here whilst trying to catch up and tie up a few loose ends...but I had to just give this a little nudge up...it's been almost criminally overlooked.

Beautiful, kind and selfless.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2023, 08:18:10 PM »
Gorgeous @kafla and lovely that it hit as intended with @moraamarolaloba ...

Indeed the kinship on this forum is lovely... and this is a great example of it.

Lovely song...and even better friendship.

K