The Kick Inside

• 6 Replies

ghaw2007

• Busker
  • Lyrics for those born b/w 1970-1989
    • AllTheLyrics [ghaw2007]
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:48:31 PM »
The Kick Inside

Verse 1 - Beginning of something / Delicate and slowly growing / New and original / Continuing the cycle / Precious and always forming / Commonplace and popular / Enjoying a moment / Beautiful and always real / With yourself or someone else / Dreaming wide awake / Different and slowly growing / Confident and optimistic

Verse 2 - Upside down, right side up / Counter-clockwise, counter-culture / Lemons out of lemonade / Breakdown, build up / Love and hate and indifference / Everything old is new again / Eyes wide shut, open-minded / Uncommon, extraordinary / Always hiding in plain sight / Alone, not lonely / Over, under, swinging around / Pushing past many limits

Verse 3 - Half-empty, half-full / Perception versus reality / Complexities of life / Winning when losing / Matters of perspective / Who you are and what you won't do

Chorus  - The kick inside / Moments which keep us alive / As the world keeps on turning / As time marches on / As the sun rises and as the sun sets  / The kick inside will keep us alive

Written by B. (Tuesday, July 15, 2014) Copyright 2014

Reece!

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
Hey,

For me I found this a hard read and it took me a while to try and connect it all in my head and try and find the meaning behind it. I think if you restructure it then you may get more comments on what to improve. I felt like it jumped about quite a bit and I couldn't really understand.

Reece!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »
Waste of time, Reece! This person or computer or whatever it is, doesn't even read its comments. It just posts a lyric from time to time. Never reviews. Never responds to any comments AT ALL. Has never written even ONE WORD not directly connected to the lyrics it posts--only titles, copyright, authorship. Not even one word of explanation. Nothing. I don't think it's a real person.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
Haha good point Vicki - nothing worse than commenting on sth that doesn't seem to come from a human. I guess we can say what we want though - can't hurt a computer's feelings :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
Oh, wait! Maybe it's the first conscious AI!  :o  Maybe it's just flexing its "muscles" and considers a songwriters' forum a safe place to do it. Next it'll proceed to taking over the world. Yikes!  :P  ::)  ;D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »
Oh, wait! Maybe it's the first conscious AI!  :o  Maybe it's just flexing its "muscles" and considers a songwriters' forum a safe place to do it. Next it'll proceed to taking over the world. Yikes!  :P  ::)  ;D
:) Or an alien life-form communicating with others of the same ilk. Guess we shouldn't hijack this thread - oh, why not?? :) Then again don't want any aliens coming after me!

lillypilly

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »
They say ignorance is bliss obviously this person is very very blissful

I have made more comments than thrown songs at this forum so say no more