konalavadome

Hi From Somewhere between Bath And Salisbury UK

• 6 Replies

boolio

• Solo Gig
« on: September 12, 2016, 01:57:24 PM »
Well, Physically I live somewhere between the above but my head is invariably somewhere else entirely, on a mountain, on the beach, in the air or, more literally, down a toilet or under a sink!...Amongst other things I fit kitchens and bathrooms, it keeps the wolf from the door

Anyway I've been writing songs (or trying to) for over twenty years with varied results  :-\ I came across this forum, and well, here I am!

The musical ability on here is so good I almost baulked at the thought of posting any of my own stuff but hey, you only live once and my first submission is kicking around on here somewhere. Apologies for not introducing myself first.

I look forward to participating further on this forum. I'll post some more of my own stuff no doubt but I think I'll do more listening. I'll think long and hard before making any comments though as I feel a little under qualified to critique someone else's work. Especially with the wealth of talent on show.

Cheers Phil

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:51:22 PM by boolio »
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »
Hi , i lived in Gloucestershire for a couple of years...all nice around there.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:34:03 PM »
hi phil
welcome to the forum ive been here since 2011 on & off & its a fab place to air your songs & develop as a songwriter
dont be afraid to comment on other peoples songs here ...most of us will just be delighted if you simply say you liked it ...you dont have to give a expert opinion on it
The thing is the more you comment on others songs the more they will listen & comment on yours bcos thats the currency here  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:28:37 PM »
Hi Phil and welcome!

Where are you from exactly? I used to gig a lot around the West Country so know it quite well. I haven´t heard your song yet but I´ll give it a listen soon and post a comment. Looking forward to it though! As Tina said, just pay us a simple compliment and we´ll love you forever. If you like, throw in the odd comment like "great guitar solo" or "I love that effect on your voice" and you´ll be away  ;D

Good to have you around.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 09:36:22 PM »
Hi,
I'm the other side of Salisbury towards Winchester, so hi neighbour.
Do join in, critique others can help build confidence and become a more consciously competent writer yourself too..
 :)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:33 PM »
Thanks guys I guess I've been on here for about three weeks now so I think I've 'spoken' with each of you since on various threads but Neil, Hi right back at you neighbour :-) although I think there's a county border there somewhere...! and Martin I'm actually in  'famous' for the odd chalk (concrete)  and the even odder beer inspired crop circle!? Maybe you've done a gig in the market square?
Tina thanks for the encouraging words, I am still not comfortable commenting on other people's work though and I'm even more uncomfortable commenting subsequently on my own posts in case anyone believes me to be a self publicist... Hey I'm but a humble carpenter!
but I am learning from being on here and it's great to hear so much brilliant music...often WAY better than is generally commercially available.
 Great forum.
Happy Sunday ALL
Phil
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:36:58 PM by boolio »
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz