It Doesn't Get Better Than This...

• 12 Replies

Nige M

• Busker
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
Hi All...first post from me.

I wrote this catchy pop song last year and left it in my bag. Then a few weeks ago, my daughter then needed a song for a school project so we changed the lyrics and recorded it. Now it's being used in the school play and all sorts.

Original theme was about a early 20s young man who is having a great day...just because he's young and in love and maybe it doesn't get better than that!

Hope you lie it...NM

(I realise I may be in for a bit of stick based on the title but any feedback welcome. I feel a bit out of my depth as there are some great songs on here)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

hi nm, really enjoyed this
sounds great, natural and live, unprocessed ..
bit like one of those really catchy cbeebies songs which jaded and faded as i am i always get a kick out of as theyre so uplifting...sincere happy tracks are gold dust !
finework and compliments to the chef.. and the vocalist

and welcome to the forum
its a good move and appreciated if you comment on others work on here,
that way you'll get a sincere response to your own work..
all the best,
nooms

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »
I agree with Nooms. Ok it's cheesy but in a good way. He hit the nail on the head saying it sounds like one of those upbeat, uplifting, happy songs
you might hear on Cbeebies. They always cheer me up too haha  :D
It's a cool simple song  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
very nice little song. i like that voice. great chorus and bridge. it is familiar sounding, but the way you do it makes it stand out.

gr.   Dan

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
Yeah, I think 'cheesy in a good way' is the right way to put it. Good and upbeat :D
Defective Elector

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
Smiley harmless fun here!  ;D

I liked the layered vocal at the end with the counterpoint melody. Counterpoints always add a flair to a song.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum  8)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Nige M

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
Hi again and thanks for your comments.

I agree with them all...

It's a fun track and all the 9/10/11 years olds at school seem to like it.... maybe I've found my niche :)

Thanks again

Nige

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
Hi Nige

This is a great little number and I can see why it is going down a storm at school!

I would offer the following:

The production and arrangement is great

The vocal is also very good indeed

I would offer the following constructive criticism...

I do think the song has fallen inbetween "Cbeebies" and "pop" but I think it would be better if you moved into one camp or the other

For me the lyrics and arrangement are too "poppy" for a Cebeebies type kiddie song BUT the melodies and delivery are too "kiddie" for a pop song

I therefore think you could potentially have 2 songs here that you could pick apart

I did enjoy listening to this and hope to hear more soon - whether poppy or kiddie  ;)

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

garner

• Busker
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
Hi Nige,

I thought this was so much fun ... there was a lightness/sweetness about the lyric and the vocal ... felt like a spring/early summer day ...

i especially liked the "such a perfect day" in the background toward the end of the song ... in my head i heard two part harmony on that ... I played it a couple times and sang along with the harmony I heard  ... it was higher above the melody ...

this is very cute ... i hope the children have lots of fun singing it in the play!
garner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

singer/songwriter
FB • www.facebook.com/garnersongs
music • www.soundcloud.com/garnersongs

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 04:20:12 AM »
Maybe 8 year old kids will rock to this , otherwise it bores me to death...and the recording is a match to the song...horrible.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 10:06:16 AM »
It is what it is,,,,the target audience will really enjoy it...it`s a teeny bopper song done very well...

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »
mike what is the matter.... your so grumpy today?!

i realy enjoyed this it made me smile
i gave up music when i had kids & went years not playing & thought id given up for good ......& then my first boy got interested in pop music as they do & i found some lyrics hed written in his room & thought it would realy be fun to make them into a song with him singing them!
& we did & recorded it & he was thrilled & i was back doing music again & have carried on ever since
so i thought this was great & making music with young kids is cool!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

joe gardner

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
totally like a cbeebies tune, you should send this straight to those guys! obviously this is a cheesy poppy song, sung well may i add, by a young girl but thats what its supposed to be and its been executed to a tee! welcome to the forum and nice one!