konalavadome

A question about posting on this site.

• 4 Replies

RosilindSings

• Busker
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:25:11 AM »
So, ive read the rules and they state that you are only allowed to post a song every fourteen days, meaning every two weeks. However, ive seen some individuals posting two in a single day or one song a day etc. So is that rule still active....because ive been wating to post more lyrics as the rule demanded but if others are not following that rule i want to know if it still stands or if they just don't follow it by their own personal choice. Any help is appreciated thank you.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 07:22:03 AM »
Hi,

some people don't read the rules and think they can post how ever many songs and lyrics they like. Some posters politely ask them to read the rules. Others just ignore them, in the sense that they don't post any reviews.

People who continue doing it tend to get no feedback. By abiding by the rules your song or lyrics stay on the front page longer giving you a better chance of getting some constructive criticism.

The rules are still active and I think its a good idea to abide by them. One of the really good things about the Forum is the breadth of musical knowledge and the time people take in passing that on to help others.

Hope that helps,

Keith

RosilindSings

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »
Hi,

some people don't read the rules and think they can post how ever many songs and lyrics they like. Some posters politely ask them to read the rules. Others just ignore them, in the sense that they don't post any reviews.

People who continue doing it tend to get no feedback. By abiding by the rules your song or lyrics stay on the front page longer giving you a better chance of getting some constructive criticism.

The rules are still active and I think its a good idea to abide by them. One of the really good things about the Forum is the breadth of musical knowledge and the time people take in passing that on to help others.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Thank you very much.  Although i am extremely bummed out that i have to wait two weeks to share a new song. I will respectfully abide by the rules. Thanks again for clearing all that up.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »
The rule was introduced to slow down the amount of time a song stays on the front page and to even things out - ie some people were posting 3 songs a week etc.

The problem mainly related to the "finished songs" forum so the rules may not be as enforced on the other forums (wip and lyrics)

If you see any "repeat offenders" you can always "report the post" to give the moderators a heads up

Fortunately this forum has great (and handsome  ;)) moderators that use common sense, where gentle reminders are given before punishments are dished out - except when L'il Bill comes out to play - then all bets are off!!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »
yes it was , 1 work in each section, so you can have 1 week a finished song,next week an unfinished song,The lyrics don't matter so much,,but i feel its counterproductive to post them to often(like 3/4 a week) or something....i don't read those that litter the place with them....the qualities usually not there...

So you don't need to wait 2 weeks to post something ;)