Stalemate

• 19 Replies

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »
I really like the SRV intro, although maybe a little too much of a nod towards "Scuttle Buttin'", however the rest of the track is suitably different so I think it is fine

The horns are working well for me and I love the stabs

The rhythm of the drums sounds great to me - just a bit of work to do on the sound/mix of them but that will come with time

I would lose the horn playing the melody line as it does sound a little "synthy"

Overall I really liked the track and enjoyed the familiar sequences but with a different twist

Great stuff!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Sevla

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
Good solid rhythm section. I liked the horns on harmonies and it demonstrates your intention well - but agree the synthy melody line sounds out of place.

I really liked the guitar solo - good authentic sound and execution - especially when it gets gritty on the double stops. Can't beat a good strat sound........and I liked how this fitted in with the brass section. Good work, Gary.

Endureth

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 05:14:13 AM »
That was really great.  I was singing along :)

Nice bass too, really grooving.

I thought it could have used some extended solos, there's plenty of room between the 2nd and 3rd verses to make room for some.

I actually loved it.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 08:12:59 AM »
Gary, that's a good reminder that. I have good and bad days working to get back into employment and music is really therapeutic.
And you've inspired me to have a go at a bit bit of old style rock'n'roll. Now were's my copycat? Beware!!
 ;D
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:18 AM »
I love this one too  ;D

Very cool.

I think I am a fan  ;D
xxx