konalavadome

Spladoosh

• 11 Replies

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« on: September 11, 2023, 01:06:59 AM »
I was going to post a 3 minute pop track I wrote this week but who needs that?  ;D Instead here's this childish, scatological number from a couple of weeks back. Brass is a little naff sounding and there's probably some tweaking to be done here and there but I'm largely happy with the result, considering my abilities. The lyrics do switch from 'I' to a more instructional 'you' halfway through for no purpose, such that it seems like the writer just didn't think to check it made sense before singing it...  ::)

All of this time I’ve been waiting
Holding on to you
It’s been a long afternoon, I’ve been clenching
So I can let loose this poo at home

Spladoosh
Kerplop

I get in and take off my clothes
I prepare the seat for my tush
I relax with a phone or book
And hold back my impulse to push

The longer I hold it and squeeze it back in
The more joy and triumph when the releasing the pin
It may cause discomfort and give you some grief
Just relax and release and feel the relief

There’s no need to rush in the afterglow
No need to put down your book
You just got to mop up your poo-y bum hole
Before flushing, take one last look
And wave goodbye

Spladoosh
Kerplop

Always check there's enough loo roll

Spladoosh
Kerplop

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 05:46:45 PM »
Well, the music has already got me going, straight into action!!! A sometimes complicated mission, right?
But the entire operation has gone well, enjoying the well-applied experience and an ending so full of so much!!! The voice, I don't know why, reminded me of an altar boy and this made everything more... I don't know how to tell you... I had a great time  @CorkingCrackBand
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:14:41 PM by moraamarolaloba »
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 08:41:58 PM »
@CorkingCrackBand Ah, from talking about polishing turds to a song about turds. A strange evening indeed. Cheeky lyrics in true CCB stylee. I love the guitar riffing and brass, really tight, maybe a laxative would help. Glad you got that one out. Splashing stuff 😊

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 10:20:33 AM »
Hi @CorkingCrackBand

Just to explain and with the greatest respect... My brain can't process comedy in songs for some reason. I've never been able to get into songs that don't move me somehow emotionally. This is in no way a criticism. Its just that as soon as I saw poo mentioned, I switched off :)

So for this one, I can only really comment on the production and arrangement which is excellent as ever with your work.

Sorry.

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 12:18:19 PM »
Hi @moraamarolaloba @pompeyjazz and @Nick Ryder

Thanks for the positive comments. No need to apologise Nick - I grew up with the Bonzo's + Python etc plus due to childhood trauma I find comedy a good and valid way to express myself but that doesn't mean everyone has to share that.  :) I really appreciate your honesty. Unfortunately I have been disproportionately sharing my 'comedy' songs here as the other forums I post on are rather po faced and don't like it at all so I dump them all here, so here I'm 'silly song CCB' and over there I'm 'serious CCB'.   ;D In reality I'm both and I genuinely see humour as a great way of expressing shared humanity - as basic and poor as this song may be at representing that rather pretentious/artistic sentiment.  :) In fact, I genuinely find 'silliness' extremely emotive, as it means someone else is letting down there guard and inviting you to 'play' with them - I think it's a very powerful thing to show ones vulnerable side in such a way - as much as talking about suicide attempts etc (also got those songs).  ;D

All the best,

CCB

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 12:56:30 PM »
@CorkingCrackBand

Thank you. I'm so pleased you didn't take offence and understood what I was saying.

Love, love, love Python, but never their albums :)

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 09:18:46 PM »
@CorkingCrackBand

Thank you. I'm so pleased you didn't take offence and understood what I was saying.

Love, love, love Python, but never their albums :)

Horses/courses bud. I appreciate the respect you showed by letting me know. I'll try to remember to post that Blue Lights song one day - though it's not up to much.  ;D

All best,

CCB

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 10:54:55 PM »
@CorkingCrackBand,

Good to see this one rise to the top. No pun intended  ;D. I don't mind comedy songs like this. It appeals to my boyish, sense of humour. I couldn't dream of writing anything like this but I've had a good chiluckle reading the lyrics

Paul

The Holographic Rodeo

• Open Mic
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 03:37:33 PM »
It's not like you to get all anal-retentive about your songwriting  ;). Super-cool groove to this one, which managed to sound natural and easy to listen to despite its complexity. The organ and piano made for some good ear-candy towards the end. It kept sounding like you were starting to play the melody to 'in the jungle the mighty jungle' during the instrumental parts towards the start - was that something you were going for deliberately or just a strange association that my mind made as I was listening through? (Combined with the lyrics it conjured up images of bears in the woods :) )

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 01:39:10 PM »
Did you really say that you "dump" all your comedic numbers here on this forum on this thread?  ;D ;D ;D

I'm more into pain than humour in my songs (although I did write a song called "I am Perfect" which started as a joke but even that got a little dark!) so I admire the creativity and yes I guess it's interesting your take on letting down your guard - so and enlightening discussion..

Great instrumentation / production and writing here and that piano part is fantastic!

K

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 12:28:34 AM »
Well I agree with @Nick Ryder ..Fabulous arrangement, but... :)

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2023, 09:27:20 AM »
Hi @Wicked Deeds @MonnoDB @The Holographic Rodeo and @ChrisPrice

On George in the jungle - yep, I always liked that melody and thought it was somewhat comic and would be cool to use as a 'doing  a poo' theme followed by an over-aggrandised climax. I guess when I start making my millions I should change is to avoid the copyright claims.   ;)

I'll have to check out 'I am Perfect' Karen - hopefully it's on your SC channel. Glad you liked the piano, I wanted the song to be funky whilst also oddly over dramatic.

I'm glad you enjoyed the song Paul, on any level  ;D.

No worries Chris, thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate I've formatted this replay badly -sorry  :-\

Cheers,

CCB