Stand My Ground

• 19 Replies

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2023, 10:10:17 AM »
Abolute banger Nick.  I listened a week or two ago but didn't have time to comment then.  It was good sign that I could still remember the melody clearly before replaying it today - sure sign of that ear worm you mention.  That chorus melody is simple but delivers 100% and the middle 8 (get out of this confusion section) takes it to another level again.  This is an indie rock gem.
I've got to agree with you about 'There She Goes' by the way, it's just a perfect song isn't it?  Lightning in a bottle.

Thank you @PaulyX

Yeah, there's a lot to be said about keeping things simple every now and then. But then sometimes, keeping it simple is a discipline in itself and not always easy to do when there are so many chords to choose from :)

Pres

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2023, 04:58:57 PM »
Nice catchy song,
cool guitar parts and tone that brings The La's influence,
''I'm gonna stand my ground'' will always make me think of the Tom petty song.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2023, 09:15:21 PM »
This is very catchy @Nick Ryder - nothing I'd change - great melody and arrangement / production. It's almost got a tiny country twinge to it although it's defo not country.. It's a bleedin' ear worm!! Fab - I love it!!!

(As an aside, we have a song called "Stand Your Ground" - so it's been throwing me a little when I see this appear as I keep thinking for a split second that our (old) song is being bumped :) )

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 12:21:42 PM »
Hola @Nick Ryder
Buenos días!!! I did not see your track before!!! Sorry, here I am commenting!! It's a too good one! good lyrics, good production and good vocal delivery, all is good, I think it can ve a hit, a re-hit. lol!!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »
@Nick Ryder,

A radio ready song for sure.  Catchy  melodies and silky smooth backing vocals.  Very Squeeze-like.  There's nothing out of place.  Lots of love and attention and  a lovely m8 which people often don't do so well. 

Well done

Paul