feel like i know you
nooms
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:10:14 PM by nooms »
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »
Very nice Dan, very nice indeed ;D

Now for once I have a criticism - I don't know if you a using alternative tuning here but for me the guitar does not sound right, I don't know if it's out of tune but the notes /strumming is not coming out clear- there's a little feedback / effect on the guitar that sounds out as well

It's a shame as with only your voice and guitarist I just can't pick up the notes - sorry

Your voice is on top form here though, broody & emotional - the type of song I love to hear from you and the lyrics sound very interesting  ;D

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
Good song Dan, I really like your other latest though,valentine thought ,this is a real peach of a song, one to be proud of
Learner guitarist

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
Like the last time your vocals intrigue me, dreamy and soulful. Very nice job.
I'll have to listen a few more times to really know what the song is about because
I found the lyrics a bit hard to follow.
Could you post them?
I didn't need to get all the lyrics to enjoy it though. I really good song and I
liked the chord changes you left for later in the song to add extra interest :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »
oh you are good!
this is my favorite song of yours ive heard so far....now im realy an electric guitar person & usualy dont have any time for acoustic music but that was just sensational! a simple voice & guitar making something fantastic
youve made me remember why i used to like leonerd cohen years ago
the lyrics were great & scary.... i wasnt sure whether youre using or having a operation....please print them
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »
 _
| |
| |
| |
| |
|_|

(artist's rendition of Corsair's dropped jaw)
Defective Elector

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
thank you all. i've posted the lyrics so if you like to read.

Kafla i,m not sure what you mean, i used a capo on the first fret and the chords are all minor sevens, nines and elevens so thats what maybe sound a little strange. the guitar was perfectly tuned and there are no intonation problems, no effects used just a very little reverb. guitar and voyce recorded at the same time. i will give it a close listen again.

gr.   Dan

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »
Hi Dan

I didn't mean it as any slight on the song - which is fantastic - even better now I have the lyrics

Listening again there i can hear a hiss , maybe it just me , maybe my expectations have become too grand from your recordings  ???

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
But listening again it's beautiful and haunting ;D

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
I'm such a fan of yours cheff daniel, this song is wonderfully simple yet so full of emotion. Love the lyrics, dark, brooding and blunt. 'stains on my soul' is a great line.

Thanks for sharing  :)

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but you have only two chords in this song.   That is amazing and is testament to your strong vocals.   A song doesn't need any fancy piano / guitar backing.   If the vocal is strong, then it will lead the song, and your's truly does. 

I would normally say that the song needs some key changes etc, but this is very Leon Russell to me and it's great as it is.  Maybe, if you wanted to play around with the production, you could add some violins or similar to give a sort of "haunting" background to the song.   (I do session work for free!!!)

Good job!

Innominate

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »
This was a wonderful thing to experience. Honestly, I didn't follow the lyrics at all it was the simplistic combination of the guitar rhythm and your voice that made this song. You could have sung just about anything and it would have been as good. The first instant I heard you I thought "Holy shit Johnny Cash", and to me that's a fabulous thing. This song is in the same vain as Johnny Cash's later works, his cover of 'Hurt' immediately comes to mind. I'm sure you could add a bit more to the song to improve it, to really drive the feel of the song but it's simplicity is really it's strength. There is so much soul and emotion, such vulnerability and frailty here. I thank you for this.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
I just listened again reading the lyrics. Fabulous man! This is truly a great song.
And Innominate is right. The lyrics are great but that guitar and your voice is what makes
this song.
Brilliant!
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Upper Lines

• Busker
    • UPPER LINES - Electro-Acoustic & Progressive Music
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »
Hey Dan,

Congratulations for this song! A nice voice (with something from Johnny Cash, it reminds me of "Hurt") and a very beautiful guitar melody, very sweet and very confortable for my ears.

Sound is good in my headphones. Nothing to say about the mix. Maybe you should try to put a noise gate on your guitar track, to take off the 'ssshhshshs" on background, but sometimes with this kind of play it's not very useful.

On a saturday morning, it really match! Keep on!

I now follow you!

Greetings,

Seb
UPPER LINES - Electro Acoustic & Progressive Music
http://www.upperlines.com