konalavadome

Chins Up

• 5 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »
Hey all,

I know this isn't particularly what the forum's for, but I feel like some of you guys probobally understand me better than most, and its felt wonderful using the anonymity of the forum to have freedom of lyrics and expression.

Just wanted to say that I haven't felt good in a long time and this community has been such a big part in tackling , or at least an outlet for some of those issues.

I'm currently overworked and over-obligated to spend as much time on here as I'd like but I'll always keep a watch and come back whenever I get a chance.

I might be high on steroid creme. or it might be the lovely fresh air and lack of blistering cold, but I shocked myself in  drawing a few tears this morning waiting for my bus. Not out of sadness, but out of relief and hope going forward.

If lyrics are anything to go by, we're vastly a community of troubled souls - so I just wanted to say...

Chin up guys and gals, sometimes you can just wake up feeling good!

Edit -
Oh and this is a music based forum, so here's a relevant song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOS00ttAblQ
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:26:11 AM by ScottLevi »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
Morning Scott

So good to hear you're feeling hopeful, in spite of whatever lemons life is chucking/ has chucked at you. I often think of hope as the most valuable thing a (wo)man can possess.

Take care sir :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Hello scott,

when life is hard, I remind myself to simply put one foot in front of the other.  Eventually, we mostly arrive at a better place. Keep walking my friend and you will be stronger for it.

take care

paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:29:49 PM »
Scott - keep going!
When things get really bad I try to do one thing a day for me (even if just 5 mins music etc.) so at least I feel I'm moving foward in small steps.
Hope you get it all figured out.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
There's a quote somewhere about the tree most pruned by the gardener is the one that bears the best fruit. Or something like that.

I have personally observed this. People who experience hardship seem more likely to develop character AND ultimately even seem to be more at peace with themselves and more upbeat and cheerful all around, even under difficult circumstances. That doesn't make it less hard, though, when someone is at the bottom of their well and the light seems much too far away to reach. We are lucky--we can support each other, lift each other up.

And, of course, pain and suffering seem to bring out the artistic qualities in a person--for us, being expressed as beautiful music.