Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

New track needs vocals

<< < (2/3) > >>

domstone86:
Thanks guys =] it's really encouraging that I'm getting something right!

Digger, the Topgun comment made me laugh, as I ended up imagining the same thing! I had another person say knock it down an octave, so I'll probably just do that.

Dutchbeat <3 means a lot. I've been hearing more good things about this one, but the duet thing is a fantastic idea.

Razor, somebody else noticed that about the guitar, and combined with what Kafla is saying, it seems like a good idea to chop it in parts, or make it subtle instead.

Thank you as always Kafla =] I just thought I'd let you know, never fret, it will be a solveable problem!

I'm not sure if somebody mentioned a duet or something or if I'm imagining it, but I may just give that a go with a female. Any offers? Lol.

domstone86:
I took your replies on board, and continued working on this piece. Somehow, it sounds COMPLETELY different, but in my opinion thousands of times better. Don't ask what I did, I can't remember haha, but yea, here it is.

Going to thank a great lurker! Innominate

He's come up with some great vocals and a melody so you'll hear those in the final version!

http://soundcloud.com/domstone86/breaking-down-instrumental

EDIT: I rememeber what changed the sound of it, and it's wierd! Was editing, then my driver conked out on me, requiring a reboot of the keyboard and my DAW. So I rebooted, and got ready for some more sweet sweet song tlc. And realised all the levels were wrong and some of the tones were different. This was my attempt to put it all back in order haha.

Ramshackles:
This is a grrrrreeeeeat backing track. Loads of energy and power, and all the little details - the bleeps and synth sounds that come and go are excellent.
You need to really work hard on the vocals and lyrics for this - they will always be the first thing people hear and remember, so they need to do the backing justice. No point having a great backing if the melody is a duffer!
Good luck with finishing it!

misswhiterabbit:
Can't wait to see how a vocalist tackles this. I can't say I envy them! It will be tricky living up to such a strong backing track. I'd like to hear it with a male vocalist just for maximum contrast, but it would work well either way.

The structure evolves in a very subtle way but has a lot of movement, I easily listened to this to the end.
make a song for me.

Also good effort on the drums, nice variation, it certainly doesn't sound like a backing track - if you know what I mean!

As a violinist I often dread to hear a string part, they are often done so badly, but it sounds very playable and realistic. 

domstone86:
Thanks both of you =] Ramshackles, you've almost tempted me to try take on the vocals myself. (Course I wouldn't release them if I could see improvement)!

Alice, nice for you to comment, I was thinking about you! You have the perfect voice for a vocal part if you would like to do it. Sweet with character. It'd be nice to see what I could do on the bit after the verse and before the chorus with that. Let me know if it's a ridiculous idea! Lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version