konalavadome

Bernd from Germany salutes the Natives

• 8 Replies

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
(meaning native English speakers, of course).

I've been writing lyrics - in English - since quite a while, and I even believe that I'm rather good. Nonetheless, I find it helpful when some native speaker has a look on my words to check if they can work in an international - i.e. English speaking - context.

I've already been active on American boards for years. People over there have always been kind to me, but they focus on country music which isn't my genre at all. Although I have learned a lot I have the impression that some of their comments are slightly 'off' even with regard to such common genres as Blues(!) and Rock. Sometimes my English could be too British for their liking, too (although I guess that my English is not exactly British either but some weird mixture - I call it 'international English').

In other words: I hope to get feedback on my phrasing. I'm offering feedback on structure, meter, and rhyme - that aspects of songwriting that I know I'm good at ;-)

I look forward to hear from you
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
Welcome! I took my German GCSE last week...A* speaking and writing, so while you write songs in English maybe one day I'll write a song in german :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
Hi Bernd,
welcome to the forum
i am Dutch and i don't write lyrics
what kind of music are you looking for for your lyrics?

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »
Thank you guys for your warm welcome!

As for the music I'm writing for I'm not at all picky. I prefer Rock, though, namely Blues-Rock. The first band, MotorPlent, that chose me as their lyrics writer is a blues rock band, the Selfastrays play punk rock, and Melon Gallery plays something in between. I've written several pop songs for female singers as well. The genre that I do NOT have in mind is country. But somehow Craig Pavone (from the Fabrockators, yet another rock band) turns my lyrics into country, nonetheless. Well, if it works ...

Cheers,
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
Bernd,
Welcome or should I say willkommen? Anyway good to have you join the international brigade and don't forget to review other peoples lyrics and songs too.
 :)
Cheers
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
Welcome Bernd, hope you have a good time on the forum. I look forward to seeing your lyrics.

diadem

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
WELCOME  Bernd     international is  great!   interacting & sharing with fellow minded people can only be a positive thing.  Such a wealth of music  Such a creative world  & made smaller by satellite just
cant be any better?                        Welcome               Stylus :)

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
Hey there Bernd! I can't wait to see some of you're 'international British' songs ;)
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album