Ants

• 15 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« on: October 28, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
Hi All,

How are we all? After having a good break for a couple of months I have made a couple of changes within my mind set and the studio set up, and have made a decision to move forward towards heavier stuff then I used to make. I have got one track to show you guys, and would love to know your opinions on that one :

I really hope that the riffs will stuck in your minds for ever :D
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

Lyrics :

They are working through the night!
Building houses underground,
No days off, and no sick pay.
Lifting stuff that nature gave.

Verse 1

Im watching from the top,
All the hustle just goes on.
One in there and one in here
Army marching to start their work.

Ants
This is only Ants

They are working through the night!
Building houses underground,
No days off, and no sick pay.
Lifting stuff that nature gave.

Verse 2

They don't know that humans evil,
They don't see you as a risk.
Lesson is coming in a minute,
And I smash your little house.

Chorus :

They are watching in my eyes,
Walls has fallen in little house.
Feets are banging on the ground,
The random run of a little ants.

Verse 3
No regrets and no pain,
Humans nature presents itself.
Eyes in tears and heart in pain,
Someone said and walk away.

Ants,
This is only Ants.

Chorus :

They are watching in my eyes,
Walls has fallen in little house.
Feets are banging on the ground,
The random run of a little ants.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
Yo Slav,

Sick baseline on this dude...Bit heavy for me but you can't not love those riffs.

Bangin.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »
 :) :) :)
Ha, I loved that.  The lyrics are lovely - psychedelic, a little sinister, and unusual.
Big riffage too.  Think I need to hear this again at much higher volume than this laptop will permit.
I liked the reverb on your voice too.
Top quality work Mr Slava.
It's all too beautiful.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:16:47 PM »
A very strong and really hard-rock song and sound!!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
I thought this was brilliant @SlavaB . I like your new direction. Although it's heavy there's a lot of light and shade going on and your solos do actually sound like ants  :)  I was going to listen to your song on the radio show following Ants but turned off after hearing U2 New Years day. Fab song it maybe but I'd rather hear your stuff on the radio. Cool tune dude  :)

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
Yo Slav,

Sick baseline on this dude...Bit heavy for me but you can't not love those riffs.

Bangin.

Hi Cawproductions,
Thank you for listening and giving a feedback :)

:) :) :)
Ha, I loved that.  The lyrics are lovely - psychedelic, a little sinister, and unusual.
Big riffage too.  Think I need to hear this again at much higher volume than this laptop will permit.
I liked the reverb on your voice too.
Top quality work Mr Slava.

Hi PaulyX,

Thank you very much, i appreciate you liked it and thank you for listening, i had a listen on a phone and i would definitely advise to listen on a speakers that as big as possible to feel the energy :)

Thank you for listening man.

A very strong and really hard-rock song and sound!!!

Hi moraamarolaloba,

Thank you.

I thought this was brilliant @SlavaB . I like your new direction. Although it's heavy there's a lot of light and shade going on and your solos do actually sound like ants  :)  I was going to listen to your song on the radio show following Ants but turned off after hearing U2 New Years day. Fab song it maybe but I'd rather hear your stuff on the radio. Cool tune dude  :)

Hi PompeyJazz,

Thank you for listening and i appreciate you like it, i must admit the solo part is a bit odd, but as you said it is kind of sits with a random ants running around :D
In regards to radio i spent around 40 minutes there and my full interview with 6 of my songs are at the middle of it, but to be honest there were a lot of sound issues during the show, they could not sort the sound out and i could not hear what i was singing or playing on a guitar in my headphones as it was too quite, so i was basically going by just a memory. I have overloaded the microphone and sound is really awful to be honest.. So you havent missed much :))

Thank you for listening and your feedback, i appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 12:05:10 AM »
I love it. It's scary and funny. Might be my favorite song of yours, and I like them all.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
What a great refreshing change to hear something heavy on this forum - where I came from, back in the dark ages. Great idea for a lyric actually, and very funny too.I love the guitar riff, and the bass when it is featured, when the other instrumentation drops. I thought there should be a bit more variation between Verses one and two originally, but actually as the song progressed there was more than enough to keep interest levels up. For me the guitar solo was a little messy, but, hey! I guess you were going for that.

A very enjoyable listen @SlavaB  :D

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:01:15 PM »
Hi @SlavaB - Nice job, really nice work, as Bill says the solo was messy, but I love that voice, really reminds me of Ramstein, don't worry about manually overloading your mic, some producers do it on purpose to get exactly that sound, so kudos to you!

I like the subject matter, who ever thought of singing about them? never gave it a second thought, the other thing that definitely works in this song is your accent, it gives it another really good dimension, adds colour in a really cool way. Love the rolled R's.

The middle section was a bit haphazard, but as a demo it was something that a prodcuer could work from.

at 2:21 That bass drum of whatever it is, maybe it's a bass synth, might benefit from halting during this quieter section, your vocal sounds different in this section, it's cleaner and should return to the distorted when the heavy guitars start again at  2:45.

I actually think there should be more overdrive on the lead vocal, don't overdo it though, you could either bung a smidgen of fuzz box plugin on the track, or add a channel strip with a preamp, and you might have to EQ sensitively lest you loose it int he distorted mire....

It might benefit from a Deep Purple type of organ in the quiet section too, just an idea Slava...The solo guitar riff might work at the end section to add colour and variation.

Hope this helps, good luck with your music I've been watching your progress with interest, your production is definitely improving.

What changes did you make to your Studio? I'd be interested to know.

Hope this helps, it's great to hear a heavy song here.

cpm

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:18 AM »
I love it. It's scary and funny. Might be my favorite song of yours, and I like them all.

Hi Redrhordie,

;D thank you for complimentary words.

What a great refreshing change to hear something heavy on this forum - where I came from, back in the dark ages. Great idea for a lyric actually, and very funny too.I love the guitar riff, and the bass when it is featured, when the other instrumentation drops. I thought there should be a bit more variation between Verses one and two originally, but actually as the song progressed there was more than enough to keep interest levels up. For me the guitar solo was a little messy, but, hey! I guess you were going for that.

A very enjoyable listen @SlavaB  :D

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for a such a positive feedback. I believe it is good to kind of having such a variation of genres on a forum. :P

Hi @SlavaB - Nice job, really nice work, as Bill says the solo was messy, but I love that voice, really reminds me of Ramstein, don't worry about manually overloading your mic, some producers do it on purpose to get exactly that sound, so kudos to you!

I like the subject matter, who ever thought of singing about them? never gave it a second thought, the other thing that definitely works in this song is your accent, it gives it another really good dimension, adds colour in a really cool way. Love the rolled R's.

The middle section was a bit haphazard, but as a demo it was something that a prodcuer could work from.

at 2:21 That bass drum of whatever it is, maybe it's a bass synth, might benefit from halting during this quieter section, your vocal sounds different in this section, it's cleaner and should return to the distorted when the heavy guitars start again at  2:45.

I actually think there should be more overdrive on the lead vocal, don't overdo it though, you could either bung a smidgen of fuzz box plugin on the track, or add a channel strip with a preamp, and you might have to EQ sensitively lest you loose it int he distorted mire....

It might benefit from a Deep Purple type of organ in the quiet section too, just an idea Slava...The solo guitar riff might work at the end section to add colour and variation.

Hope this helps, good luck with your music I've been watching your progress with interest, your production is definitely improving.

What changes did you make to your Studio? I'd be interested to know.

Hope this helps, it's great to hear a heavy song here.

cpm

Hi @Cowparsleyman,

WOW WOW WOW, the feedback you gave is the feedback i was kind of looking for years and years to be honest, detailed and with the great points. Yes, Rammstein are my inspirers, will be going on their live show in July 2019 in Milton Keynes... Cant wait.

I made notes from your feedback and once ill be back in my studio tomorrow i will try to implement what you just said, great ideas tho.

The only thing ive changed in my studio is i changed my 12 string electro acoustic to fender malibu 6 strings and in addition bought Jackson 6 String V by Randy Rhoads. And obviously changed my self a little bit in terms of music production as i did a few live shows after i released an album and whilst performing live i was also watching on people reactions on what they like and what they dont, on what part of song they tapping with a feets and on what part they go for chat etc... What gave me an idea as to where to move, and as much as i loved rammstein for the last like 20 years i though to get a little bit closer to their riffs.

Once again thank you so much for providong such a feedback spending your time on it. Really appreciate that i will definetly take those notes on board.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:22 AM »
Hi @SlavaB - You are most welcome, this is what this forum is about...I liked how you said watched the audience, and noticed what they like and what they didn't, did any come up to after the show and make any comments? for some artists it's a one way thing, but that's great that you notice that, it's an issue for established artists, when they want a change of direction, their fans kind of want to stay with with their hits...

You got the right guitar!

You might care to work on your bass lines, they are usually very simple and very memorable if you spend time to make them hooky, solos don't always need to be shreddingly fast, just accurate and suit the song.

cpm

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
I found this quite unusual.
And fun. They say power corrupts.
Ants are one of natures strangest insects, I've often observed, contemplated them. They're perfectly insane. Lol.

The style of music is not something that I seek out.
Fascinating in small doses. 

It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 11:47:45 PM »
I don't think I've heard any of your other stuff so I can't compare this.

That certainly is some infectious riffage, so mission accomplished there.

The vocal style is not really my cup of tea but it works with the track and it didn't grate on me like I thought it was going to when it first started.

Powerful track.

Yodasdad

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
Hi @SlavaB - You are most welcome, this is what this forum is about...I liked how you said watched the audience, and noticed what they like and what they didn't, did any come up to after the show and make any comments? for some artists it's a one way thing, but that's great that you notice that, it's an issue for established artists, when they want a change of direction, their fans kind of want to stay with with their hits...

You got the right guitar!

You might care to work on your bass lines, they are usually very simple and very memorable if you spend time to make them hooky, solos don't always need to be shreddingly fast, just accurate and suit the song.

cpm

Yes, it is quite often when people approach me after the show with complimentary feedback. The main point that the majority of audience makes is that they ask why I don't sing on Russian as they believe it would sound better, on what my statement is that I live in UK, I make music for UK audience and obviously I do my best to write lyrics in English.

Thank you for your time and advice.

I don't think I've heard any of your other stuff so I can't compare this.

That certainly is some infectious riffage, so mission accomplished there.

The vocal style is not really my cup of tea but it works with the track and it didn't grate on me like I thought it was going to when it first started.

Powerful track.

Yodasdad

Thank you man :)

Best Regards,
Slava B.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
F@ck YEAH!!!! Bring on the heavy stuff mate cos much like an ant I love that shizzle!!!🙋🏼‍♂️🐜👊🏻🐜 I loved every second!! Awesome riffs and a nice change to hear something like this on here. Keep 'em coming buddy!!! U have my permission to smash my tiny ears!!!🤣👍🏻