Shopping Trolly On The Moon !

• 14 Replies

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »
hi all , another daft one from me  ;D
i have two friends that have a barber shop , i love to drop in when passing and chew the fat , they also have a band , so we talk about music and stuff , they keep their acoustics in the shop so when it's quite they have a practice, anyway , we were chatting  and the subject of shopping trollys came up somehow and how they seemed to get dumped everywhere possible , so i said  "rumour has it there's one on the moon"
Bob replies " bet you can't put that in a song "
so here's the result , as always with the help of my mate Ron Rouch.
Sorry if the video looks amateurish ... thats cuz it is , but i figured it's better than looking at a photo all the way through.

lyrics      Shopping Trolly On The Moon ,  Andy & Ron

there's a bomber plane on the moon

it must be there cuz i read it in the press

did the pilot just lose his way

or did he run out of gas in the milky way

-------------------------------------------

there's a shopping trolley on the moon

see it right there when you zoom it in

did the aliens put it there ?

they like to wind us up and they just dont care

yes they like to have a laugh and they just dont care.
--------------------------------------------------

they put an astronout on the moon

see him right there on the tv screen

not everyone thinks its true

but it's on the tv so what you gonna do

on the tv so it must be true.

I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:38 AM »
That is a weird song, made me smile
but ok, creative arrangment, good fun
i think making the vocal so weird sounding is not needed, i think when these strange lyrics are sung with a serious sound, so sung very seriously,  the effect will be bigger

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
theres some lag in here somewhere so things arent quite in sync which added a bit to the weirdness
the psychedelic guitars & crazy bits were tremendous & realy kept the song going & a nice contrst to the the lou reedy verses
i do like your chaotic way with all this when music is generaly overproduced & formularised its great to hear stuff like this full of daft ideas & giving the finger to everything else
this time i didnt watch the video to see if you could hold my interest without a bonkers video for 6 mins
& it did!! great stuff! 
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
I love the instrumentation to this!!! Friggin class. Will agree with DB on the vocals, too much effects on the vocals don't think it needs it. Like the 'It's true!' vocals  :)

Lol at the ending.

Classy stuff  8)

Lee F

• Busker
    • Lee F Music
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »
I had real difficulty with the vocals on it, lyrically I like it a lot, the music was great too but some of the effects were a bit much for me as well

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 03:34:47 AM »
Hey :)

This was a lot of fun :) I really enjoy it when people get really creative and experiment. Again it reminds me of "The Mighty Boosh" in it's strange, surreal,
psychedelic way.
It is messy though. I'm not sure whether it's just a lot of bad timing or whether it's lag or what? I dunno.
Would I be right in thinking you might have a smoke, drink or imbibe other creative substances when you write and/or record? Very few musicians get this trippy without
a little help.
It just sounds to me like it has that signature lack of focus. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it's something you have to be careful of. You have to learn to be controlled and
focussed and pay attention to detail, even when you are being "creative". Especially with this "clever" kind of music because it's that attention to timing and detail that should be one
of the impressive things about a piece like this.
If you don't imbibe anything and I have that wrong, then even less excuses for not getting that right  :P :D
But PLEASE don't think I'm being down on it. I do really like it and your creativty. There's plenty of good stuff in there so it's well worth getting that final product so to speak right.  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your replies ,
thanks dutcheat , the weirdness in the lyrics was intentional, it was supposed to be like the crazy guy in the background shouting i believe !! like the ones that belong to end of the world cults and     
scientology .

hi Tina, i'm glad you liked it, the lag you speak of i think is the timing difference between the two voices on there , the quieter background voice is my mate Ron, we wanted him to sound like a shouty looney in the background. 

thanks Domj , the ending on the video is the best bit , more luck than judgement  ;D

iforster - well at least you liked half of it , thanks  .i dont think i've read many reviews on here where everyone has liked every aspect of a song .

hey Shavuitje ,( do you work nights? ) sorry to say i wasn't high or drunk in any way when i did this , cant speak for  Ron as he's in Baltimore .  afraid the timing issues are down to me ::) i'm just not very good at music or recording it , think i'm improving with time , might get it right by time i'm 90.
i dont really know any music theory or rules of how songs should be put together , when you guys talk about the middle eight , i'm lost  :D
so i'm just doing the best i can with what i know (which aint much), shocks me when it ends up 
 sounding like a song at all !!!   i do expect the technical criticisms . thanks for listening . 

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
absolutely brilliant!

gr.   Dan

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »
absolutely brilliant!

gr.   Dan

thanks Dan ,my favourite kind of review  ;D :D

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:41 PM »
Hehe that's cool mate :)  Ok so it's just down to you  :D But that's ok. You will get better with that the more you practice and record. You already have
a lot of really good inspiration and idea's and I really like your experimenting like I said :)
Eventually you'll sort the timing.
I'll certainly look forward to your next one haha See what crazy sh*t you come up with next  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 01:24:20 PM »
Having read what you say about not understanding music in the same way as most musicians on here, this makes me hear this differently.

Yup, there are timing and note clashes, but the impressive thing is that this comes together well despite your "feel as you go" method to writing. It probably means you go places that you might not have tried with more understanding of theory.

I do struggle with the vocals though. A lot of processing makes difficult listening for me. And I like to hear lyrics without having to strain. But even that "settled" to me ear as time passes.

Nice guitar phrases and some interesting bass patterns too

Odd and enjoyable as ever :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »

fantastic
bet you had a lot of fun doing this, its tremendous
sounds great, lot of fun and its got a great groove
and love the vocals
love it
nooms
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
this is really good. I enjoyed it in its own right and loved it because it breaks so many rules. Its creative in its approach and while maybe there were some effects on there that I found tricky to listen to I thought the overall production was great. Look forward to the next one. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
haha i love how it says "this is a video response to NASA's uncensored moon images"
hahaha love the guitar at 1.35 and so on. wow lazers!!!! this is pretty amazing. not to be taken too seriously. good stuff.

i did a track about trolleys once:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:55:14 PM by Pez »

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
haha i love how it says "this is a video response to NASA's uncensored moon images"
hahaha love the guitar at 1.35 and so on. wow lazers!!!! this is pretty amazing. not to be taken too seriously. good stuff.

i did a track about trolleys once:

Your trolly song is pretty amusing also, we should start an elite club , you have to do a trolly song to get in  ;D