Do You Want To Slap My Chicken?

• 21 Replies

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:10:29 AM »
Hi peeps it's Silver Machine. I like to do experiments on songs. Yes I have a laboratory not a recording studio, hahahahahahaa (evil laugh!)  :D
Yeah I'm  not overly interested in conventional songs, but yknow you can't be too weird cos no one's gonna listen, so I use punk and dance and flamenco styles as a base to experiment from.
Here's something  that won't  scare you all away first post. :D
It's about going on a date with with someone who dont speak your language. I regret the title cos it implies it's comedy, but  hey I couldn't call it anything else.
It's just guitar and drums and voice by Isabella.

https://clyp.it/fyap0ili

This nice Englishman asked me to dinner.
I said I will be there at 7 oclock.
We drank tequila and I think we talked about ardvarks? and mahogany??
but he had a strange accent and I couldn't understand him perfectly.
I was waiting for the food to arrive when he said, “Do you want to slap my chicken?”

I was taken aback, and not sure what my reply should be
So I excused myself, and went to the bathroom, to consult my phrase book.
But it was no help.
Back at the table, I was worried he looked offended because I had not given him an answer.
So hesitantly I said I would only slap his chicken if it hit me first.
He looked very puzzled and gave a nervous sort of laugh.

M.Garcia 2017

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:22:14 AM »
I followed your link to find the song, but I just come to a site that wants me to sign up for something or register. I don't see any song. Did I do something wrong?

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:18 AM »
1. Silver Machine is a great name for a band, project, whatever.
2. This is a great song title
3. Based on everything I know I like about music and songs I shouldn't like this. But I do like it. A lot.

I can't critique this really because you've clearly set out to do something, and you've done it well. It's catchy. I'm going to be singing it around my house all week.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Threepwood

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
Freaking love this!
Happiness is a warm manatee

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
Me too! I love it! Made me very happy, listening to that ruckus. Vocals are fantastic. I guess I don't know enough about flamenco to hear the influence, but it sounds fresh and fun. Weird enough, but very listenable. Really cool!

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:25:16 PM »
Caliamoko I don't know why it won't play for you? Everyone else seems to have no trouble.
Maybe some chicken protection group are blocking it near you?  

JackSimmons, hey thanks man! "You shouldn't like it but you do"  Yeah I filled it full of temptation!  

Threepwood, thanks dude, I will listen to your song I see you got one here somewhere.

Redrhodie, I thank you for the compliments. No there's no flamenco in this, but I use it a lot in other songs to woo the ladies. Maybe you will fall under it's spell?   :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:26:52 PM by Silver Machine »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
Since everyone else was having no problem, I tried again. This time I got through. All I can say, is I'm not qualified to comment on this song. I think I must be too old. It sounds interesting, and the lyrics are cute.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
It's been a long day and I'm catching up with the forum after a few days away. This put a massive smile on my face  :) Creative, inventive, raw and original. Big thumbs up my chicken  :)

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »
It's been a long day and I'm catching up with the forum after a few days away. This put a massive smile on my face  :) Creative, inventive, raw and original. Big thumbs up my chicken  :)
Hey thanks man! But dont stick a thumb up your chicken please!  :D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
Tina is that you?  :o

The distorted guitar at the start reminds me of one of my fav choons, 'Too Much Love' by the Screaming Blue Messiahs,but sounds like it's played through a blown set of speakers!  :D

'Do you want to Slap my Chicken',sounds more than a bit rude,or is that just my dirty oul mind? Great conversation opener,anyway.  ;D

It's mad enough to catch on,though there hasn't been much public appetite for experimental stuff for the last 30 odd years. You need a time machine to get you on The Old Grey Whistle Test,or the John Peel Show.

Thanks for posting,it's been real.  8)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:36:25 PM by Skub »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »
Completely bonkers...but very enjoyable  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
Skub
    Tina? Uh no man, that's Isabella. Don't know how to tell you this but she's software generated.
So do you like experimental music? Be good to find someone here who likes the wilder stuff in a world of safe music, yknow.
Is the title sexual? Well that's the crux of the whole lyric I guess.
Isabella don't speak the English very well and she was totally thrown by it. Is this guy coming on too strong? As it happens he wasn't, she mistranslated something else, and it was embarrassing for both of them!
Thanks man, glad you liked it.

PaulAds, thanks man bonkers and enjoyable are good words. So's completely. :)

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:23 PM »
Skub
    Tina? Uh no man, that's Isabella. Don't know how to tell you this but she's software generated.
So do you like experimental music? Be good to find someone here who likes the wilder stuff in a world of safe music, yknow.
Is the title sexual? Well that's the crux of the whole lyric I guess.
Isabella don't speak the English very well and she was totally thrown by it. Is this guy coming on too strong? As it happens he wasn't, she mistranslated something else, and it was embarrassing for both of them!
Thanks man, glad you liked it.

PaulAds, thanks man bonkers and enjoyable are good words. So's completely. :)

I like experimental music. I look forward to hearing more of your stuff. My song mate Keith is left of center as well. You might really like his stuff. His name here is Diademgrove.

I've been thinking about what he was trying to say, and I've figured it out, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone by telling. But I'm pretty sure I've got it! Haha

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »
Ha ha.
You may just have discovered the future of rock and roll here.
There's no point trying to work out why this works and gets stuck in your head - it just does.
Brilliant, man.  Keep your freak flag flying.
And I am sure the chicken deserved it.
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »
I do like things that no-one else has done before - as long as there is a point to them! Here I think the point is just entertainment and so a temendous success! Nice little song concept given the full works by a fertile imagination. Where next?!