What do you say?

• 20 Replies

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 11:03:49 AM »
I am listening now in my studio on my best headphones. This song is truly a pleasure to listen to sonically. The piano rings out perfectly with how you play it and your vocal presentation is wonderful. I love how you have your voice subtly echoing off.

And, even though I said it already, the way you deliver that last word in the choruses is golden.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »
@MonnoDB
Hi Karen, brilliant song. Love the piano, the vocals and the harmonies. The lyric hits the spot and the way you sing 'right' is the killer hook. An emotional roller coaster for sure......

Love it!

Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
Thanks so much @Jamie for your lovely words

Thanks (and thanks!) @Unclenny... I shall try not. Working on a happier song at the mo!

@adamfarr thanks so much. Lovely comments!

Much obliged to all who listened and commented 😊..

K

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 12:02:17 PM »
Hi Karen,

You know I'm a big fan.
Love it when you just strip down to vocal and piano.
Effortless and simply great. Wonderfully dark, so right in my zone.

The piano is awesome - the tonality kind of reminds me of Pyramid Song  (Radiohead).
Indeed if you did want to build the song, as you suggest, then maybe that could be a source of inspiration.

Vocals brill as ever.

Digger

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 02:32:28 PM »
This is fabulous. Brilliant songwriting. It's my experience that emotion carries more weight when it is understated so you have definitely gone the right way with this.
"consolation turns to dust on my lips" - wow, what a line is that. Such a mature, complex and well written song. Excellent on all fronts.
M

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
Yep! Knew this would be good...that last "Right" is sooo good...chills.⛄ great emotive vocals all around as usual.😁👍🏻 I love that repeating piano note throughout...lovely stuff....hey, would either of us be cheating on @Jambrains if we collaborated?? We could say we were thinking of him the whole time?🤣🤣🤣