Happy Now 😀

• 27 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
Hey Kafla, lovely song.  First up congrats on bringing up kids in what looks like a really creative artistic household... I don't have any, but if I did I'd hope they could be as expressive and free as yours look in this vid.  Second up, I love the line about worry lines - that really paints a picture in just a few words (we get to imagine the person's face, we know she isn't a teenager, we know there have been stressful times etc).  I thought it was a good song in loads of ways, great production too.  Melody wise I'm sitting here now after one listen and I couldn't sing the chorus back to you, although I loved the chorus chords and the song overall - it makes me wonder if there is a stronger chorus vocal melody lurking in there?  Reach up for some higher notes?  Or maybe some BVs there would do it.  I'm searching for nits to pick though and pretty astonishing you came up with this during what I assume must have been a hangover.
It's all too beautiful.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2020, 08:53:15 PM »
Hola  @Kafla
Wonderful song, wonderful images and wonderful message,
Be safe!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »
Hi Mr K,
Man, you have the most beautiful voice - the way you use it reminds me of Guy Garvey. The song itself is wondrous and obviously born from deepest emotion. Can't hear anything I would change lyrically, instrumentally or performance wise. To paraphrase the Elbow song "One Song like This"........
M

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
I enjoyed this a lot. I really like the words. And it was fun to see and hear the different productions. I loved the video the kids did. For me, this is such a "feel good" song.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
@kafla - Love Crowded House, which one did you do? This is a great personal tune, that skips along with a summer breeze, like the arrangement, although I agree with @MichaelA about the end...

during the 'In your eyes' section maybe have pizz strings to add contrast, the legato strings seem to smother somthing, maybe bring the kick up a tad?

nice tune

Rich

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »
Great lyric and  which captures your intentions wonderfully...and can understand how it moved you both....worked for me too.
Perfect backing style/sound for this. Only the second song I've heard of yours. Love the vocal. You're lucky bastard to have the voice...bit David Gray...which is OK...I like David G's voice!

I'll watch the video now.....can't manage the distraction on a first listen.

OK well I clicked on the early take acoustic version which sounds great too...good song! BUT again didn't watch the video of it...ha ha.

Lovely.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »
Funny, me too...don’t want the distraction of a video...

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 08:02:00 AM »

Great song Kaf.  Really nice to see your family ;D.  Happy little unit you have there my friend, makes it all worthwhile ;D ;D
 Wish I had some videos like that of my kids, when they were that age.  I spent fortunes on singing lessons/violins/recorders etc....and they became solicitors :o
 Great 'heartwarming' song and video old chap...loved it all ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »
I really like this Kafla!

I won't but I wouldn't mind covering it

those strings do remind me of
every day is like Sunday

the boss comes to mind too

still original
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Kafla

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
just wanted to stop by and acknowledge all the amazing comments on this song which really mean a lot.

I take on board all the improvement suggestions as well!

Honestly blown away  :)

@cowparsleyman my youngest boy is called Finn btw!

Loving all the references to other artists - all of which are influences - but since I love almost anything that's not a surprise.

Thank you all!

Andi

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 02:29:33 PM »
cool song! well done. Reminds me a bit on REM for some reason. keep it up!

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
Lovely song mate. A nice warm sound to it all. I’m sure I heard the same sonic issues as you, (won’t bring them up) nothing major at all and if you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters.

Songs always come out better when they are from the heart. This is one to be proud of. Nice work!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
What a talented family you are!  Great song, I like both versions but overall I think I prefer the simplicity of the acoustic one, be good to hear a clean version of that as well.

I hope your wife loved it!

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial