What model acoustic guitar do you have?

• 25 Replies

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »
And on a scale of 1 to 10 how awesome is it?

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »
I've got a J45 and it's a really great guitar...picked it up secondhand in mint condition for just £800...I hit the jackpot there  :)

For that money - it's definitely a 10.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
Mine is a Martin OMC 16 RE Aura

I think it is awesome so it gets a 10 from me as it has that classic Martin sound

I have noticed that when a I compliment the sound of a recorded acoustic guitar it is usually a Gibson so I would say these record particularly well
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 11:05:16 PM »
I own only cheap guitars, nothing awesome. Although, they work fine for me. I have a Kona 12-string which gets a 10 for action and at least an 8 for tone, but not so great on stamina, as it has a thin top and tends to belly up, ruining the pitches.

Then I have an Esteban Midnight Steel American Legacy 6-string, which rates in a similar fashion to the 12-string. Has a great touch for me and the tone is pretty nice for a cheap guitar.

Finally, the bottom of the heap--I have a "travel" guitar--a really, really cheap Jay Jr. Again, the touch is easy, but the tone is, well, compare a Harley Street 750 to a Honda 120 (or is it a 125?). Anyway, you know, big throaty V-R-O-O-M compared to a tinny ring-ding-ding-ding-ding. Sorta like that.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:02 AM »
I have a Tanglewood TW60 and a Tanglewood TW45 for gigs, as both have internal pickups. The 60 is my main gigging guitar and the 45 tends to get tuned in Open D or E (depending on the gig) for slide. Great sound on both - and a number of people have commenting that the sound is always right there with all the other guitars folks are playing at acoustic gigs, which often includes J45 - something I lust after but suspect will never get.

I have a Martin 00015m which is gorgeous and that I ought to use as a gigging guitar. I have gigged with it and have had compliments on the sound - it's also my easiest guitar to play as the action is so low.

I have a Furch Dreadnaught - my most expensive guitar ever (even including electrics) which cost £800 and ha s alovely big mellow sound. I've recently bought a soundhole pickup for this one so it may get some outings soon. It's brilliant for acoustic lead and big lush chords.

I have a Manouche Modele Jazz Django style guitar as a I have a passion for gypsy jazz. Don't play it a lot at the moment as I'm focussing on fingerstyle, but one day I'll get back to practicing Minor Swing and Dark Eyes!
West Country Country Boy

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 07:30:19 AM »
Furch 12 string parabolic...I reckon it's an 11..sounds awesome live but I'm totally rubbish at recording acoustic guitars so I manage to make it sound terrible..it's wasted on me!!! ;D ;D
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »
Intestering thread. I think it takes quite some time years for me to bond with an acoustic and really feel at one with it.
1. 0ld sigma 12 string, battered, clean and ringing, fits like glove. needs to be kept in tune 8
2. New sigma 12 string, easy to play stays in tune, rounded. Figured pickup. £100 in hard case! 8
3. New sigma 0015 - still breaking in. Comfortable, easy to play.need right strings 7
4. Martin D35 - beautiful, records well. Still a bit precious with IR 8
5. Seagull electro-acoustic. Battered, Go to to gigging easy to play and stays in tune 8

:)
Neil

Kevin what's with the parabolic business?
songwriter of no repute..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
I have a Tanglewood 12 string, and i love the sound it has ...it's not with me , needs a bridge repair.but i would give it a 8/10.
Thinking of getting something like an EPIPHONE EJ200CE ELECTRO ACOUSTIC  soon ...not tried it , but looks a good value mid-quality instrument.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »
I have an Epiphone E0-01.
They only made this model for one or 2 years in the early 1990s. And while, personally, I would rate it a 9 or 10, I think that, realistically, objectively, it's more like a 7. It wasn't the top of the line by any means. I just happen to love it as, as most guitars do when you own them for a while, it has become a part of me.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
wont have them in the house! awful things!  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
wont have them in the house! awful things!  ;D
Which one? My Epiphone?

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »
no, silly, the whole lot of them!
actually id keep your one.........for november 5th! ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:24:43 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
mines a Godin - gift from my "kids" - Canadian quality - love it to pieces  ;D

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »
My seagull is Canadian too, understated and great value for money..
songwriter of no repute..

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »
mines a Godin - gift from my "kids" - Canadian quality - love it to pieces  ;D
Oh yeah, and it's a 12 !