Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Soundcloud pro unlimited/ Soundcloud Go+

<< < (3/3)

shadowfax:

--- Quote from: pompeyjazz on April 19, 2020, 09:11:30 PM ---I'm on the pro unlimited version but I do have quite a few songs on there. I find it really useful when I'm working on collaborations when I can post various versions as private downloadable shares and delete them later, plus you can always listen to what you are currently working on on any device. It costs around £80 pa I think and the stats are entertaining. I couldn't believe that I had 6 listens in Mongolia one day  ;D

--- End quote ---

Hi @pompeyjazz @Boydie , on pro I can do everything you've mentioned so still not getting why pro unlimited is better (apart from being able to post more hours of songs) not sure about listening on any device means though..I can listen on the phone and puter..what else does anyone listen on?
please excuse my thickness on this subject if I'm missing something...

Boydie:

--- Quote ---still not getting why pro unlimited is better (apart from being able to post more hours of songs)
--- End quote ---

@shadowfax

That is pretty much it - unlimited hours as opposed to 6hours

If you can work within 6 hours I would say there is little point upgrading to "unlimited" as the other additional features are pretty underwhelming:

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003568408-Learn-about-our-Pro-plans

I personally decided to pay the little bit extra to prevent paying for an additional online storage option

shadowfax:
Thank you for that answer Paul,...you've spawned another question though..why do you have (pay for) on line storage when it's easy and cheap to have a few terabyte hard drives as back up and storage? just curious if I'm (again) missing something.. :)

@Boydie

cheers, Kevin

Boydie:
@shadowfax

For sharing and disaster recovery

There is an adage that data is not safe unless it is in 3 different places

I am obsessed with physically small hard drives with high storage capacities - and try to keep a backup at home and keep another at my parents’ house - the Cloud is a convenient 3rd option

I don’t like the rental aspect of cloud storage so reserve it for important stuff or things for sharing

shadowfax:
Yeah,,3 is the only way, I have one in Garage, one in the car and one at home.. @Boydie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version