A touchdown in a flash

Mm, mm,
Mm, mm,
Touchdown in a flash
A touch down from a glass

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »
Nice song - i like it lyrically.... its obviously a well used subject but you approach it nicely

Does start to feel a little repetitive about two thirds through due to no real change in melody and little in instrumentation.

production wise - the hats were a little loud for me but overall a good song

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Great groove. The drums just gently holding the beat back and a bass was perfect. Guitar and the organ especially, deceptively simple but so effective.  :) Of course the vocal suites this style perfectly.  8)  And loved the long fade out. Gave it that album ending feel. I was ready to go and lift the stylus.  :D

Production little muddy at the bottom end perhaps? Solo Guitar could have been more to the fore? And the snare a bit clearer? But I wouldn't trust my ears particularly and if I'm criticising production, it must be a good song.  ;D :o 8)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »
Another sleepy feeling song that is really your style and I always like it :)
I would agree with what's been said about it sounding bottom heavy and the hi-hats and cymbals being a little too prominent.
Those little production things didn't spoil it for me though. One of those tracks you could chill out listening to on a long drive  ;D
I liked the end too b.t.w. The fade was perfect.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »
I really like this mate, this for me is you on top of your game, i've been listening to the new Bruce Springsteen album and this song would not sound out of place on it
Learner guitarist

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »

lovely feel to it. windows wide open sun shining..
really like those changes, very effective

thought the mix a little foggy but whole thing creates a great atmosphere
have you got a band cheff  ? or just you and your shadow...could imagine this live

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »
right up there with the best. Loved the mood the laid back feel - the voice the playing - great song . Loved it. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »
i dont think ive ever heard you with a full backing band behind you like this .....usually its just you & guitar & its a more intimate sound

altho i liked it particularly as it was a change of style & new direction i felt the backing overpowered your voice a bit

i love the way you always sound half asleep just like nooms! dont you guys ever wake up fully!! ;D
i do find that quite attractive tho! :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
Great feel to this, would agree about the muddiness of the mix and your voice needs to be way up more!!! Like the slow fade out, really works well.
Damned good song though despite the mix.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38:59 AM »
great song , very laid back and cool, like the vocals .the overall sound needs brightening up a bit , and the long run of lyrics could do with breaking up a bit ,maybe bring the solo forward or throw caution to the wind and have two solos , after the second verse would be good for me .
great song though .   
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »
thank you all. this indeed is more a groove song then a very melodic one. its a little too long and i will take a look at the mix again.

gr.   Dan

joe gardner

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
your voice is very cool. it needs to be up more though i reckon so we can here it more! other than that i really enjoyed this song, the ending is cool too.well good!

joe

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
Chef, I've always loved everything you've posted here (not that i always say it...) and have often caught myself scrolling back through the pages to find 'Stains on my Soul' again...

I agree with Schav in that this is a style that enormously suits you and you've really done a top job on this song. When's the album out? :P
Defective Elector

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
What I really like about your stuff mate is that it couldn't be anyone else. I'm not saying the style is totally unique but
you make it your own.
If I was listened to this without knowing who had posted it, because of the way you write your lyrics and especially your vocals, but also the way
you play your intrument, I would immediately know it was you. It couldn't be anyone else! And that helps to give it soul.
You don't get that in manufactured shite.
Great work mate  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
You know I'm a fan, and this is a perfect example of why. I want to hear your voice a little more in the mix though, it's getting a little lost for me. Great arrangement, love the tone of the bass and guitars, nice contrast between the two. Cool lyrics, nice feel.