konalavadome

Chalk, Zoo. this is my first demo.

• 21 Replies

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »
I love the feel to this and i'm glad you've decided to keep it short, it just seems to be the sweeter for it.

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
Thankyou all for your kind and supportive and helpful comments! I think after a week or so of listening and getting feedback i am going to keep it at this length. as nooms said i think its a good set up for another song so thats how I'll keep it. Theres some really great comparisons here that have blown my mind a bit haha. FLOYD!! thats mental, but thank you i'm very flattered. Theres is more to come but me and sean (the guy that i write with) are just sorting through what we like and dont, we'll chuck another up in a week or so.

again thanks for being so helpful guys this place is great!

joe

looking forward to hearing some more. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
Interesting piece. But is the spoken part at the end a sample from film or TV? If so what did you do about copyright issues. I've one track I'd like to use some politicians speeches in but can't be roused enough to check out the requirements.
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
Excellent song !!! and everything they said , going on my new test method which is , would i play it again ? It passed with flying colours  ;D
would love to hear a five minute version ,see how it develops and see what you pull out the bag.
this is going on my next compilation cd to play in the car ( if thats ok with you )
Great song !

I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

joe gardner

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »
Interesting piece. But is the spoken part at the end a sample from film or TV? If so what did you do about copyright issues. I've one track I'd like to use some politicians speeches in but can't be roused enough to check out the requirements.

I dont care for the copyright laws too much. i dont intend on stealing anyones ideas in anyway but if there is something i want to you use for creative reason then i just will and whatever happens happens. the more copyright lawsuits the better i say. if i were you id just put them in. whats the worst that can happen? if someone really wants to sue you. you must be doing something right!.

thanks for the reply by the way!

also andy 5544 i dont mind at all if you out this on your cd im flattered, thanks.

joe

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
hi mihkay, i did a tune using speaches from hitler , whinston churchill , eric burden , their people haven't tried to sue me yet , and if they did it would just mean you got a load of free publicity , then you say sorry and take it down  ;D  might put it on here one day .
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

joe gardner

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »
hi mihkay, i did a tune using speaches from hitler , whinston churchill , eric burden , their people haven't tried to sue me yet , and if they did it would just mean you got a load of free publicity , then you say sorry and take it down  ;D  might put it on here one day .

Exactly! you should put it up i'd like to hear that!