Our bands new indie/rock demo. Please take a listen

• 13 Replies

sabre

• Busker
« on: December 19, 2017, 08:33:47 AM »
Hi all,

Please take a listen to our bands new home demo Heartbeat. Recorded on Audacity & mixed by ourselves (not experts!)

Heartbeat - https://soundcloud.com/user-135348204/heartbeat-by-uk-indie-rock-band-sabre-londonessex

All the best,

Lee

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »
There's some nice sounds in here, but quite retro of course. The chorus is catchy, but I would get to it quicker if I were you.

Your lead guitarist is technically accomplished, but it's unlikely that this style of solo would ever get airplay these days, so as you develop I'd suggest you try to get him playing in a more contemporary style if that is possible.

Some promising ingredients, so good luck as you develop your signature style.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:27:09 PM »
I really like this and considering you've done this with Audacity I'm even more impressed.  I would like to have a go at producing this if you guys are up for it. If you're into it Pm me  :)

sabre

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »
Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply - Christmas & everything means I've only just check back on here! Absolutely that would be great if you were willing to see what you could do to the track to improve it. Do you need the raw stems from Audacity sent over?

Thanks

Lee

I really like this and considering you've done this with Audacity I'm even more impressed.  I would like to have a go at producing this if you guys are up for it. If you're into it Pm me  :)

sabre

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »
Thanks man for the listen. We appreciate it & DO take on board what people like you say. It's all a work in progress but feel we can really get these songs sounding great given the right knowledge & equipment! Thanks again & all the best  :)

Lee

There's some nice sounds in here, but quite retro of course. The chorus is catchy, but I would get to it quicker if I were you.

Your lead guitarist is technically accomplished, but it's unlikely that this style of solo would ever get airplay these days, so as you develop I'd suggest you try to get him playing in a more contemporary style if that is possible.

Some promising ingredients, so good luck as you develop your signature style.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 02:52:06 PM »
think ya song is great mate!  chorus is very  catchy!   voice is great!   as a ex bass player i would say more bass in ya mix thumping away!    well done guys    peace out...    tony

Alan.S

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
Cool pop song

Oldbutyet

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:01:25 AM »
Hey man edit your post and post your lyric, forgive me but without reading lyrics i heard that bullshat before  8)  happy new year to you   8)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 01:36:43 AM »
Hi.
I'd be inclined to crank up the BPM a bit on this... sounds like it has potential to be exciting but I felt it plodded a bit at the current speed.  How about some tambourines or similar in the chorus too?  Feels like the percussion needs to vary a bit more to make it fly.  I guess I'd like to hear you enjoying yourselves a bit more while playing it, if you know what I mean... let loose, even if it gets a bit messy.
Stick with it though guys - definitely has "banger potential" and as has been mentioned, you've obviously got a good lead guitarist and your voice is good (makes me think of Ian Brown).
Pauly
It's all too beautiful.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »
Having no real music knowledge I feel a bit out of place offering any opinions but here goes i agree with the comment about speeding it up as it plodded a bit for me , I really liked the start and I liked the guitar bits / riffs whatever you call them
So impressed with anybody who can do stuff  like this

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 09:19:45 PM »
I really like this too but agree with others that the tempo could maybe go up a couple of notches.

I think the vocal could be a little grittier and louder too.

Think the playing and lyrics are great though.

Definitely something I would sing along to.

Cheers

A

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 08:39:07 AM »
Nice guitar intro.
Tune develops nicely.
Agree that it should be a bit faster and the vocals need to sit more in the mix.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
Good luck with your band.

I agree with the other comments so far.

1. Good job using Audacity.
2. The compression on the lead vox pumps away the rest of the song.
3. Needs to be much faster, maybe 10 bpm.
4. The lead vox needs to be sung wth passion, like someone else said, more gritty, but not shouted.
5. The soundstage could be wider.

Hope you don't take these comments negatively.

CPM