Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

So who makes money from their music?

(1/3) > >>

MartynRich:
I’m not asking in the interests of finding out if there are any rich gits on here, or even people who can live full time from music. I’m interested in strategies and techniques people have used to market their music relatively successfully, without any gory details. There are so many different ways of doing things out there it would be good to hear some genuine advice that doesn’t involve buying SoundCloud followers. Thanks

pompeyjazz:
Does $4.27 from Spotify count ?

PaulAds:
I'm still out gigging (for money) once or twice a week...but we don't play any of my own songs these days. I strongly suspect the two are related  :P

tone:
I've got a couple of instrumental tracks published which bring in royalties from time to time, and I earn a very small amount from online streaming. I'm currently building up a youtube channel for instrumental music which I'm hoping to monetise, but from actual songs - pretty much nowt (if you're registered with PRS you can claim on live performances of your own songs, works out about a fiver per gig if I remember correctly, haven't done it for a while)

tl;dr the only money worth earning is from 'synch' and getting instrumentals placed is a lot easier than getting songs placed.

rightly:
This thread is dismal. Lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version