konalavadome

Logic 11

• 4 Replies

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:42:59 AM »
Hi all,

for those of you who use Logic X, if you didn't know, there is a major upgrade coming out on Monday 13th May.

It looks like as well as general improvements, there a new Logic Bass Player and Keyboard Player which are similar to the Logic drummer.

There's also an AI feature which can separate out tracks from old stereo mixes. I think it can isolate bass, from, vocals and guitars which is really cool if you want to remix old songs.

Here's the link - https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2024/05/logic-pro-takes-music-making-to-the-next-level-with-new-ai-features/

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 09:54:57 AM »
Just an update on this as I installed the update on Tuesday.

The Stem Splitter feature is excellent. I loaded in an old mp3 of a mix we did back in the 90's (the masters are long since lost) and ran it through the Stem splitter.

I ended up with 4 stereo stems:

Drums
Bass
Vocals
Everything else

The separation is pretty mind blowing and it allowed me to add EQ and compression to each. I've now managed to remix the songs to a much higher standard than before!!

The Virtual bass and keyboard players are pretty good too. You can get a decent part out of them and then convert to MIDI for fine tuning.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 01:48:07 PM »
Oh, and I meant so say, if any of you don't use Logic and you would like an old song splitting into stems, just let me know!! :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 03:49:57 PM »
@Nick Ryder The logic stem splitter does look pretty fabulous. One of my mates is working to remix a demo that we originally recorded in 1979 so pretty excited to hear the results of that.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 04:06:19 PM »
@Nick Ryder The logic stem splitter does look pretty fabulous. One of my mates is working to remix a demo that we originally recorded in 1979 so pretty excited to hear the results of that.

Oh wow, John. That's amazing. It really opens up so many possibilities.

I know I've got a few live desk recordings from 94 which weren't too bad at the time but the balance was all wrong.

Also, I can tune some of the dodgy vocals :)