konalavadome

Still in love

• 7 Replies

Andrey

• Busker
« on: March 02, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and this is my very first song written. Feel free to critisize and leave a feedback.
I was aiming a country/pop style.

Still in love

(Verse 1)
I thought I've moved on
I thought I don't want to see you
I thought where was nothing else to do
And I thought soon I'd forget about you

(Chorus)
But darling I was so wrong
I realize it now then you call me
Looks like there's no way to get over you
And I really want to tell you
That I'm still in love with you

(Verse 2)
I thought you never really wanted me
I thought you never really cared about my heart
And I thought that I could live my life without you

(Chorus)
But darling I was so wrong

(Bridge)
All this time I've been looking for a way out of this
But now I'm not even sure if I want to find it
Cause you calling me is my deepest dream
But I'm not sure if it will ever come true

(Chorus)
But baby I'm still in love with you
That I'm still in love
And I realize it now then you call me
There is no way to get over you

(Outro)
I thought I've moved on
And I thought soon I'd forget about you

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
your third chorus is longer than the other two...

you`ve also chosen to go v,c,v,c,v,c,o effectively ..doesn`t always work unless it`s very catchy and light.......you need someone to sing it....to see what you`ve really got here. :)

Andrey

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »

you`ve also chosen to go v,c,v,c,v,c,o effectively ..doesn`t always work unless it`s very catchy and light.......you need someone to sing it....to see what you`ve really got here. :)

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to find a singer then. Is there anything you could recommend me instead of 'v,c,v,c,v,c,o' that might work with little change in lyrics?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to find a singer then. Is there anything you could recommend me instead of 'v,c,v,c,v,c,o' that might work with little change in lyrics?

Maybe choose.v,v,c,v,b,c,c,o..Flossie on here who sings these sort of songs likes this arrangement,,, i realise English is not your first language and some grammar changes may be needed too.

Andrey

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
Maybe choose.v,v,c,v,b,c,c,o
Thanks I'll work with that.
I realise English is not your first language and some grammar changes may be needed too.
You're right it isn't. But I do try to improve my english though.

noctu

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
Because you said you imagine it might work as a pop/country style, I read the lyrics and imagined a song in my head for it. I like it. I don't think the lyrics are anything original, but that certainly doesn't matter, I'd be happy to try have a go at turning this into a song if you'd let me (when I get my new computer so I can use my recording monitors and other gear).

Anyway, because you gave me a style you had in mind, I think it made it easier for me to hear it in my head as a tune, so yeah, I believe this could definitely work without needing to improve the lyrics.

Andrey

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »
Because you said you imagine it might work as a pop/country style, I read the lyrics and imagined a song in my head for it. I like it. I don't think the lyrics are anything original, but that certainly doesn't matter, I'd be happy to try have a go at turning this into a song if you'd let me (when I get my new computer so I can use my recording monitors and other gear).

Anyway, because you gave me a style you had in mind, I think it made it easier for me to hear it in my head as a tune, so yeah, I believe this could definitely work without needing to improve the lyrics.

If you want to work with it feel free to. That would be nice) And thank you for your comment.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:26:18 AM by Andrey »

noctu

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
When my new computer arrives this week, I'll have a go. I love mixing down/producing/engineering so I love it when people either let me mix/remix their stuff and help with writing and recording. What instruments do you play? Anyway I'll let you know when I can  :) .