konalavadome

The Harder We Hit (The More It Will Hurt) - Summer Bare Bones Competition

• 20 Replies

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »
igg, delb0y & nooms, thanks a mill for taking the time to listen and comment, very much appreciated!

Flux Identity

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 11:05:04 PM »
I hear Pet Shop Boys vibe in this one, especially in the chorus and I love it.

Very well performed piece.

Strong contender :)

Good luck.

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »
This is great. Once someone told that me, that Rockers make the most beautiful ballads because they know how tu build tension in a song. This seems to prove it. :)

The vocal harmonies were great, and the "urge" you transported while singing.

For me this suits the "bare bones" very well, since the lyrics seem to lay open your inside.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »
I think what I like most about this song is how the production stays true to the "bare bones" theme, yet it does such a good job of building as it goes.

I'm a sucker for harmonies, so I loved that aspect of the song. And for me, the lyric fit the melody perfectly, and vice versa--a detail I definitely appreciate.

The song probably means different things to different people, but the message I got from it was that of a person reaching a place of detachment, or working on reaching that place, which is a theme in my personal life, so it resonated with me.

Very nice work. Good luck in the competition!

Vicki

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »
Hey JB ! - Just catching up with some of the latest postings. Missed this earlier. A bit different from you and I like it. It still retains your unmistakeable style. The melody is very strong and I like the double tracked vocals in particular.

Great stuff

John

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »
@Flux Identity:  thanks man! Pet Shop Boys eh? I did not see that one coming for sure...  :D

@Wolfini: you may have a point there regarding rocker and ballads. Sorry to disapoint you but the the lyrics are completely fictional and not related to myself in any way. Howvere, that it is percived as deeply personal must mean I did something right when writing the lyrics and doing the vocals  :)

@CaliaMoko:  thanks for the kind words. Yes, I left the lyrics pretty open ended and I've heard a number of interpretations wildly different.

@pompeyjazz: thanks, good to hear that it still sounds like me  ;D