konalavadome

Married

• 17 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
Hi guys,
            The vocals need to express more emotion to engage with the sentiment in the lyric. Nice electric guitar solo. There is something about the timing of the vocals that doesn't sit comfortably for me. Also the song is a couple of minutes too long.
Cheers

Jamie

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
Hello, there's some really really nice stuff in here, especially the guitar solo parts. The main thing i think I'd suggest that could really lift this is that you could introduce more variety in the melody of the main vocal - it  essentially repeats the same sequence on just 3 notes 8 times per verse right up until "does he make you laugh does he make you cry", when you start to bring in some variation. I think you should change it up into variations on the theme much sooner, and those variations should explore more melodies and a much greater pitch range. I think that would really help.

Other than that, i love the guitar parts and i also like the organ. You built it up really brilliantly in the second half but just took a bit too long to get there...

I also really like the grit in your voice!

It slightly slightly slightly irked me that the subtext of the lyrics seems to be that all women (want to) do is get married and have babies...but I'm probably reading too much into it... Probably made myself sound like a man hater there.....! I'm not, i promise!!!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »
Liked the tune, catchy. I like the repeating melody and build and guitars of course!
My main thought revolved around the rhythm of the drums which seemed to be a bit at odds with the songs natural meter, it kind of makes it hop if that makes any sense.. Its better towards the end.
 :)
Neil  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:27:38 AM by Neil C »
songwriter of no repute..