konalavadome

Never too old to learn

• 0 Replies

MrBouzouki

• Busker
  • "Love and Life is all about connections"
« on: October 27, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »
So I've just taken delivery of a new MIDI controller keyboard. A Nektar GX61. Not very expensive, then again I'm no keyboard player. But, in other news, i might be trying to learn keyboards to some extent. One thing I've already noticed is the finger dexterity I have from guitar playing, especially since I've always used my little finger when playing, means that it feels natural to use all of my fingers.

I also think I might I have got over my 'mental block' of reading music (it's always been about the rhythm not the notes), that make me now think, "Yes, I can to a basic extent, "read music". This is a big deal for me of course. The breakthrough is a combination of the course I am doing and also reading around the subject again.

So maybe this proves you are never too old to learn, especially with an open-ended topic like music making.

Has anybody else make a breakthrough,or learnt something new recently, or got some more gear, or got there head around a new studio or recording technique ? 

It sounds like @Jack Simmons has had a bit of a break in getting his music 'out there' for a start.