konalavadome

Tell Me

• 7 Replies

Cowbell

• Busker
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
Another link to a song I wrote and recorded last year.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_4873919

Back to the water

• Busker
  • We shine too bright to see.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:41:51 AM »
I really dig the bass groove to this. The drums and bass together form a very infectious and head-bob worthy rhythm section. The guitar and piano-ish instrument are also perfect within the framework. And, your voice is very versatile. The bridges, where you just vocalize between lyrical parts, are my personal highlight. I listened twice (a rarity on this forum lol) and I am still very impressed with what you put down. Good stuff! Keep it up, man! 
The universe does revolve under lucky stars, And where we stand is a place that is ours,
We begin to mesh in burning sentiments, And send light out from the shallows of our breath,
We broadcast sparks into the darkness, soundless distance
Till it finds its mark in some strange border system.

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
Hey Dude, good song (the first one), Great voice too, your gonna be good. My only advice would be to shorten the intro chord progression down before the vocals kick in or maybe do the chorus chords first then go straight into song, however i'm no expert but i thought it may help.
Learner guitarist

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
Great production.  The song is instantly catchy and the vocals are very good.  I thoroughly enjoyed listening!

Paul

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
very professional
more, yes
please

terrific recording and songwriting

domstone86

• Open Mic
    • Facebook URL
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:34 AM »
Oh no! A catchy song!!

Love the mix, the acoustic guitar sits REALLY well here, and everything else is clear. As for the song, beautiful vocals, I'm restraining myself from singing harmonies as my partner is sleeping a meter away from me! Did you record the drums yourself or are they programmed? They shine through great!

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
 nice into, it stays in the mind, great vocals, keep em comin :)

Cowbell

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:12 AM »
Thanks for all your comments. The drums were recorded live by the way. Havent had chance to review other work or contribute to the forum recently. Been made redundant from work so I will have more time for writing and the forum from mid Sept