Terminal

• 19 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:08 AM »
Great atmosphere here Josh...love that guitar...nicely done. Vocal delivery is great. The song's great and really catchy hookline.

As said drums could come in for 2nd verse but the thumping kick isn't quite right i don't think...I quite like the syncopated snare though.

I would have brought that nice guitar backing (or at least some of the fuller sound that it brings) that comes in at 3.10 at the same time as the drums come in now and have that accompanying the 3rd verse onwards.

Bridge might be an idea though I think that with the instrumental build starting earlier you would lose the feeling that the song is dragging a bit at first and the need for a bridge to add interest would be less.

Good song.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

shortwhat

• Open Mic
  • I like reverb
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
thanks for the kind words and advice everyone:) I will think of ideas for another guitar track to go over the second verse etc and possibly a bridge section
16, singer-songwriter

Check out my album: http://joshshort.bandcamp.com/album/collarbones

emmelina3

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 10:58:09 PM »
Love the earthly feeling to the song fits nicely. Wish I could here you better at parts. Lyrics are well written good job!
Emmelina

Frenchy

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 06:55:47 AM »
Hi Josh,

Great mood to the intro and that carries through into the verse which fits perfectly for the song. For me the chorus repeating the same line 4 times on almost identical notes to the verse is a bit of a let down. the pay-off isn't quite enough to my ears and it doesn't live up to the verse. It needs to lift more. I love the title though 'Terminal' it's great. I love how the song builds towards the end, and as mentioned before with a bit of production and work especially on the drumz this could really be a special song. Just warm your vocals up a bit more before hitting that high note, it sounds a bit strained, but I'm sure you can get it.

Great work this song has great potential.
Regards
Frenchy

shortwhat

• Open Mic
  • I like reverb
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2015, 11:53:58 PM »
thanks guys, I'll see if i can boost my vocals volume in some areas and maybe redo that high note aha
16, singer-songwriter

Check out my album: http://joshshort.bandcamp.com/album/collarbones