I Could Use A Little Help

• 10 Replies

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« on: August 28, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »
Hello !!

I've been thinking, when was the last time I've made a song ?  ;D

This is about a drunk guy who's talking to his imaginary friend...

À la vôtre !

Nono.

My old friend, would you stop my hand ?
If I break down, could you understand ?
What I have in mind
I just can't deny
But I long for rainy days

My old friend, have a drink on me !
If I fall flat, could you let it be ?
What I have in mind
I just can't deny
But my soul has flown away

Chorus

I could try to hide and escape the race
When I do, I see you
And I hit the fence
I could talk but no word would make sense
I know I could use a little help

My old friend, could you let me sway ?
If I can't walk, please keep me at bay !
What I have in mind
I just can't deny
I belong to a world of wrong

My old friend, now just let them see
The good good man that I used to be
What I have in mind
I just can't deny
Have a sip of my toxic song !

JOdejo

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 06:37:26 PM »
Wow, nice intro and harmonies! I also like your voice, and the background "ooh's" at the chorus, and the calm "I could use a little help" after the chorus! The "I could try" sounds a little roughly, which I really like. The second chord of the chorus surprises me a little, but I think that's a good thing, because there are too many songs with the same chords and I am one of those simply chord songwriters so I like it, I just like your song!
Music explains what words can't

janac

• Busker
    • Songwriting Secrets
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:39:27 PM »

I really love these lyrics. I appreciate the effort you but into the symmetries there. Nicely done!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »
Hey nono,I always look forward to your classy pop offerings and this is no exception.

An interesting song,the instrumentation is so well thought out,well sung and the overall production just sparkles with clarity.

A pleasure listening.  :)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »
Nono..nono..nono..nono..there's no limits!!!  ;D ;D (sorry,I'm having a not so funny 5 minutes!)

Dude,cool song! It didn't quite grab me straight away like some of your other stuff,more of a grower for me I think.However,that being said,your production is awesome as always.I love all the harmonies and little tricks you do in the background.

Cheers
Leo

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 06:59:16 AM »
Gotta agree with previous comments..really clever arrangement, nice work my friend..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
Hi Nono,

Cool - sophisticated song.
It sounds very accomplished - perhaps not the most instantly memorable lyrically, but the groove gets in your head.
The strings backdrop is nice, and I really like the blasts of guitar.
The BVs are good.

Excellent craftsmanship.

Digger

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
Definitely a cool song.

Great singing and lyrics

Highlight for me was that amazing deep bass....how did you create that sound?

The bass wins this for me.

Sandeep

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
I agree with previous posters. Clever, intricate production and great bass playing lifts this song. It's not as immediate as some of your others but I'm sure it grows. I think this vocals are a little low in the mix but otherwise it's a very professional sounding piece of music.

M

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »
My fav of yours by a mile retro...the musical arrangement is very clever and sounds cool. The bass line is a killer and the vocals are clear, passionate and very hooky, especially the chorus. The only thing that didn't slightly do it for me were the lead guitar fills, but only for the sound, not the playing. Everything else sounded really unique and vibey and I thought a slightly cleaner, echoey sound might suit it better. But anyway, that's taste as always...generally this is superb retro pop (no pun intended)!  ;D

Andrew

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »
Hello.

I just joined and I believe that I am expected to comment on peoples songs.

Before I do I want to point out that my opinion isn't worth a carrot.  I'm no expert.  I'll just say what I feel when I listen to it.

I think that a lot of work went into this.  I have been trying to bring my own music to life and I appreciate how much time and effort it takes.  It takes a lot of ability to to make a demo. This is where I struggle.

I hear a very good mix of instruments.  All in very good time.  It blends together very well.  It goes together really well.

I like the lyrics.  I like the flow and I like the story.  very nice.

The only thing that I didn't really like was the melody.  I was half way through and I still couldn't find the tune.  After is was finished I couldn't have hummed or whistled it.  There was no toe tapping.  Nothing to remember it by.

After hearing a good song I the tune stays in my head.  Maybe a few lyrics.  I might not remember the whole thing but some of it will stay with me.  Often I can't get a good tune out of my head.   There was nothing like this in your song.

I think that you have good lyrics.  A lot of ability.  A reasonable voice.  You just need to put it with a good melody.

As I said, My opinion isn't worth anything.  I hope that I have no offended.

Best wishes.