konalavadome

Recovering

• 42 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »
“2-5%” sounds like a good title for a song. Still it does mean that there is a 95-98% probability of everything being ok!

All the best from Canada - only -2 degrees today.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2023, 11:52:52 PM »
Still in hospital and I doubt I’ll be out before the new year. Need a heart bypass (triple probably) and I’m waiting for the doctor to get me on the waiting list. I’ve opted for quick rather than local so could be having it some distance away. To say I’m scared is an understatement but these surgeons nowadays can perform miracles and I have “youth and health” on my side apparently.

I’m keeping a positive attitude and I’m positive I’m going to kill somebody before I get out of here.! 😜 Honestly, half the patients in here are loony toons. Some due to age and illness affecting their minds but there have been a couple of douchebags that don’t have that excuse and are just natural a-holes. The muppet currently to my left is seriously winding both me and the poor nurses up. Classic bully who complains about everything and causes most of his issues himself. If you could hear him right now you’d be shocked at some of the stuff he’s saying…

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2023, 08:10:54 AM »
@Sterix,

Take care Martin my friend. We'll all be thinking about you. Here's to a successful outcome and a full recovery.

Paul

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2023, 10:22:21 AM »
All my very best wishes to you.

I can't imagine how you must feel being stuck where you are, but its better than the alternative I guess.

Hopefully 2024 will be a better year for you.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2023, 02:29:07 PM »
Oh my goodness! ( @Sterix ) You have my best wishes for an uneventful and fully successful surgery, speedy recovery, and future great health.

Vicki

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2023, 11:50:44 AM »
@Sterix - Goodness, wishing you all the best for that rather large op, as for the Bully A-hole... play some of my songs loud, on repeat...that'll make him want to leave that ward  8) and boost my Soundcloud plays...he sods off, and I'm happy....

Seriously though Martin, keep positive and think longer term, I'm sure you'll fully recover before you know it....everything, such as MR A-Hole in the next bed will all be forgotten.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2023, 04:27:53 PM »
Waiting to get on a waiting list ... that's tough. In rough times, I think like @cowparsleyman and focus on the fact that it's temporary. In time, those clouds will pass. Thoughts with you, buddy.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2023, 10:31:24 AM »
My wait is almost over. I'm down for it on Friday! Which means that if all goes well i may be out in time to celebrate the new year!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2023, 05:00:17 PM »
All the very best for tomorrow and the following recovery,I hope it all goes well.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2023, 11:42:32 PM »
My wait is almost over. I'm down for it on Friday! Which means that if all goes well i may be out in time to celebrate the new year!
All the very best for tomorrow and wishing you a speedy recovery.  :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2023, 10:42:25 PM »
Hey @Sterix - thinking of you and sending my positive vibes for a quick recovery and return to health!

K

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2023, 04:38:19 PM »
Thanks. Op got cancelled due to the doctor's strike (I didn't find out until the morning it was supposed to happen! Rearranged for Wednesday (hopefully).

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2023, 10:35:03 AM »
Sheesh. You must have been gearing yourself up too. Hopefully it all goes ahead today - all the best!

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 12:05:39 PM »
It got cancelled again yesterday. Although the bloody anesthetist woke me up this morning to go through things with him, unaware of the change!  ::)

Right now, don't have a clue when it will be now. Certainly I won't be home in 2023 now. I'm totally and utterly fed up right now.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2023, 10:08:06 AM »
Oh blimey, that's terrible. So sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you get sorted soon so you can start the next chapter of your life.