OUT FROM SHADOWS, FEEDBACK PLEASE! :)

• 8 Replies

heaven086

• Busker
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
Hey people im new to this site but seems pretty cool, I am trying to get some feedback, well some real truthful feedback on my bands music as we alsways get feedback from family and friends they always say its good but there going to say that as there family lol, we have recorded 3 tracks live there only rough demos as we dont want to get them pro recorded untill we have feedback, we would love you to be honest and as harsh as you like, some feedback weather its good or bad is better than none :)

Check out on this link here; or if this doesnt work reply to me and ill send you the mp3's over e-mail.

thanks for reading and we hope you guys can help us out.

http://www.slicethepie.com/Music/ViewArtistProfile.aspx?ArtistId=28676

Dutchbeat

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »
Hi Heaven,
welcome and
well done  :). I like your song and the atmosphere in it (the voice reminds me of the Smiths, hope it is o.k. to say that) My only critique would be that beat sometimes seems to sort of have a little, cannot find the word, some little temporary change in the pace when the parts change.

But really good, and i am looking forward to hear the further recordings! And I hope you will find the feedback of the songwriters at this forum as useful as I have always found them

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
A very open sound and I enjoyed all three tracks.
I won't comment anything in particular as this is still an early stage in your development but I think you have enough originality to make it worth perusing your ideas further.
I look forward to seeing how you progress.  :)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

heaven086

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
Hey thanks for those comments we really apprciate it, yeah i know what you mean about the tempo changes, i'm the drummer in the band and have noticed it alot, i think my way of defeating this is to change up my drum beat in the grow up my son track chorus thats where i have noticd it most, this is one reason why we didnt want to record professionaly yet as this feedback is like gold to us :) the vocals comment you made was taken very well :D

TNMC

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
Hi guys... Andy here from Neverwas. I love the songs - great writing there indeed. The vocals are really good (very radio friendly, I would think); guitar, bass and keys are great too with spot on arrangements, but I'm not a fan of the drumming at all. It sounds like he's trying to be experimental but from where I'm listening its actually a bit annoying and it doesn't work for me. In some places it seems like a steady beat is a struggle to achieve. I think you're gonna get noticed and do really well with some polished studio production. Good luck - looking forward to hearing what you post next!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
I think your material definitely has potential. A proper studio recording is definitely a good next step. Although I would recommend sorting out the timing issues first to save you time and money in the studio.
I agree with pretty much all the other comments. I know it's hard for drummers sometimes, but I think more attention to the groove and less worrying about drum parts being interesting to play is going to make a solid difference to your sound.

Looking forward to hearing your new recordings :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

heaven086

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
ahh yeah thanks again for more comments, just a quick question... what exactly do you mean about the drumming and in what song/songs, I am the drummer and have noticed that i try to play a more basic and beefy drum beat to the music i didnt think i was trying too be technical haha xD. i deffo take all this in to consideration and i think am gonna try and play just even more basic and try to get it to flow from part to part, thats my main struggle is getting to change part to part it feels like i play in stages but now somone has mention it i notice it more :(

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »
Hello Heaven and welcome to the forum,

Good guitar intro, which contrasts with the acoustic rhythm.  Economical use of instruments which makes for good dynamics.  I like the way that instruments come and go rather than all band members trying to heard at the same time.  I'd perhaps think about developing the chorus a little further, but overall, a very good sound!

Best,

Paul

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 06:34:33 PM »
I totally agree with Dutchbeat about Morrissey and the  drums issues (at 2 min 30 for instance) .
I love the intro and all the instrumental parts. The chorus is great too. Somthing is missing in the verses, though. All I can hear are the drums and the voice and some very discrete third instrument (but I’m listening on a labtop so maybe that’s why). The vocals are very good too.