konalavadome

BLUE EYES IN THE MIRROR

• 21 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »
Hi,
Have I heard this before?
Anyway it all works as it for me. It allows you a platform for the storytelling and your vocals. I kind of like the way it sounds better than a straight country song with the waltz and slightly off kilter backing and stuff.
 :)
Neil

Hi Neil,

You could have heard this song before :)

I am really pleased that some listeners like the waltz rhythm and think it can still work as a country song, or even a bigger production, as Verlon suggests.

thankyou for leaving your comment and it is nice to be in contact.

Marrianna :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »
You've got a really pleasant vibrato in your voice and you don't oversing this.  I vote in favour of the slightly skewiff glockenspiel effect too - unexpected and grabs attention, there's something mildly sinister about it too which seems to suit the bitter-sweet lyrics.  I wondered if this could work well at a slower tempo?

Hi Paulyx,

I think a slower tempo could make it more sinister but would probably need more effects, maybe steel guitar or something?
The glockenspiel was to make the sound slightly spooky but have a straight backing too without it in case I decided on a less sinister story.
I wanted to sing the song in a faltering way but a bit more passionate in the chorus. :D

Thankyou for commenting. All the comments so far are so interesting so thanks again to all.

Marrianna

Oldbutyet

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »
Beautiful i remember this now, you sound like your singing with more confident in your vocals is this a new recording.

I wouldn't go looking for another singer for this your vocal sounds just right but what i would suggest is a male singer coming in on certain parts maybe with that chauffeur bodyguard feel just to add to that dramatic feel of hearing in your song, lead guitar in certain parts as well but in the background.

Really lovely song Marianna  8)
Hi Dogmax,

Thankyou for your praise which I appreciate.

No, it isn't a new recording (I was waiting for you  :) ).

I am thinking about all the ideas to add more weight to the song. They are all so helpful so thankyou to everyone.

Hey Marrianna one of the things i really like about your song "Blue Eyes In The Mirror" is that waltz feel it has to it, great lyrics great flow.

You need a bridge coming in to let the waltz flow  8)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
Beautiful i remember this now, you sound like your singing with more confident in your vocals is this a new recording.

I wouldn't go looking for another singer for this your vocal sounds just right but what i would suggest is a male singer coming in on certain parts maybe with that chauffeur bodyguard feel just to add to that dramatic feel of hearing in your song, lead guitar in certain parts as well but in the background.

Hi Dogmax,

I am thinking about all the ideas to add more weight to the song. They are all so helpful so thankyou to everyone.

Hey Marrianna one of the things i really like about your song "Blue Eyes In The Mirror" is that waltz feel it has to it, great lyrics great flow.

Hi Dogmax,   
Thankyou for your mention of a bridge! It is something I hoped someone would suggest, just to back up a thought I always had when listening i.e. would it be worth adding a bridge or does it really sound complete without one? I never could make up my mind but now you mention it  ... and with your experience, I am taking notice. (not that I don't take notice of those who maybe have less experience. Everyone's input is important and worth considering.) I have also wondered about just an instrumental break or even some chorus voices. I am not sure about whether it would need more words for the bridge unless they are actually spoken.
Any ideas, please, are welcome.

Marrianna  :)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
I also love the glock & strings u use in places, they just add a nice bit of ketchup to the meal. Nice story! Not so keen on the piano,but that's just a personal taste thing. Very nice though. I also like the heavier snare in the choruses, just lifts it nicely.  ;D

Oldbutyet

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:15 PM »

Hi Dogmax,

Hi Dogmax,   
Thankyou for your mention of a bridge! It is something I hoped someone would suggest, just to back up a thought I always had when listening i.e. would it be worth adding a bridge or does it really sound complete without one? I never could make up my mind but now you mention it  ... and with your experience, I am taking notice. (not that I don't take notice of those who maybe have less experience. Everyone's input is important and worth considering.) I have also wondered about just an instrumental break or even some chorus voices. I am not sure about whether it would need more words for the bridge unless they are actually spoken.
Any ideas, please, are welcome.

Marrianna  :)

Hi Marrianna

I was thinking you could try a musical bridge without lyrics just before the second chorus, the last line in the verse before is "She looked around and knew he had gone"  it was the musical notes you play leading into the second chorus that had me thinking, maybe even slow the waltz down a bit or not to give that lost romantic dance feel to it and then go back into the chorus as is, i don't know if it would work or not and I'm no good at this musical language but if it did I'm sure you could easily fit it in.

The waltz is such a lovely dance although I've never dance to it myself wouldn't know how, but listening to your song last night i just thought a musical bridge after that line just might work and if it did you could even finish on it, i mean this is the waltz, but if not its still a beautiful song.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 09:27:12 PM »
Glad you reposted this, I haven't heard it before.

Great lyrics and your playing paints a picture.

Lovely song

Sandeep