konalavadome

Lost reviewing mojo!

• 7 Replies

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
I've been on holiday and seem to have lost my reviewing mojo!!!......I have the fear that everything I'm going to say is going to be stupid!!!.......

Oh well I guess there's only one thing to do and that's dive in.............and apologise in advance for anything idiotic that might come out............  :-X  :-\

Part of my holiday was a songwriting course so now being fully trained, qualified and swotted-up on songwriting I ought to be critiquing like a pro!  ;)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:46:10 PM »
That's OK Becky - we all worry about offending. It's hard to express thoughts (for me anyway) when I'm not speaking face to face with someone. So jump in and comment - just knowing you are conscious of what you are saying means a lot.

Paul

PS - welcome back!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:51 AM »
YAY Becky I have missed your beautiful face...the male to female ratio has been rather man heavy recently, nice to have ya back
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:53 AM »
Welcome back caco :) Don't worry, your mojo will come back soon enough. But more importantly, what was your songwriting course like? Would love to know what kind of things they taught you...
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
Thanks Paul! I guess my comments will be no more or less idiotic than ever!! It's nice to be back though!

Awwwwwww Jess! Likewise your beautiful face! Are you on school holidays now? You must have had some results recently haven't you? Hope your brilliance was rightfully recognised!

Thanks Tone! I loved the course..... It was kind of more songwriters' holiday than songwriting course to be honest, but it was great, and i enjoyed it so much. Will definitely do something similar again soon. I had my first ever experience of performing my songs in front of a (very small) audience!! Which was kind of terrifying, but also exciting! I admire all you guys who do that regularly. Having tried it in a very small way, i want to do more!

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
.I have the fear that everything I'm going to say is going to be stupid!!!.......

don t worry. you commented on one of my song and it sounded really godd....the comment :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »
Awwwwwww Jess! Likewise your beautiful face! Are you on school holidays now? You must have had some results recently haven't you? Hope your brilliance was rightfully recognised!
Yep but I go back in less than a fortnight *cue hysterical tears* I only took core science this year but I got an A for biology, B for chemistry, A* for coursework and A for physics (HOW!?!?) so I was pretty chuffed. Next year is the big year though...one GCSE down eight to go...
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:58 AM »
Brilliant Jess!!!! That's really fantastic, well done!!!!!!!!