konalavadome

Wings

• 2 Replies

Killjoy

• Busker
« on: December 31, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
Just recorded this new song and I'm interested to know how it is to casually listen to. How does it make you feel when listening? Any feedback, good/bad is appreciated :)

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
You have really good lyrics here, the melody is very pleasant and an enjoyable listen. I think its  a very good song  :)
I did notice alot of  hiss / high noise level  starting @ 3 sec. which is more noticeable in the quiet parts.  I really like the chorus, have you considered adding a harmony line to give it more distinction? You have a good one here! ...Ray

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »
@Killjoy - Dig your voice - this is a really good song, I can hear a few artists on this forum that would suit your style as BVocalists.

Structurally everything is fine, like the rubato just before the 2nd chorus. Love the 'rhtytmn of the "I beleive in you"

Just a few ideas...Go a bit easy on the breathy ness, it sounds a little like you've just finished a 100m sprint, just turn it down a bit.
Reduce the reverb, add delay but not much at all, the voice is drowning and it really doesn't need to when you only have piano behind it.
As @Bostonfan2 says well planned close harmonies would go very well, they might even be enough rather than more instruments, it does kind of sit well on it's own.

With many epic songs, you might think about chnaging the key of the verse once it's established in the last part of the song - think of 'Living on a prayer' just another way to add just a bit of contrast.

you have superb ideas, keep em coming.