konalavadome

Acedia (sloth) -possible lyrics?

• 3 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm pressing ahead with the 'Seven sins' concept album and this is the possible lyric for sloth. I'm gradually leaning towards writing this album from the perspective of one troubled individual with multiple personalities as opposed to separate brothers as previously intended. The brother references will remain as I like the idea that these personalities are seen as 'brothers' by our individual, each with a name and character. The story being that our individual is in turmoil over a lost or unrequited love, and each different emotion is played out by one of the brothers.

Acedia, or sloth represents the feelings of helplessness and the lack of hope..

Ahem.. a bit deep but it makes sense if you're following it  :D :D 

I'd love to know your thoughts before I go too far with it. (bold part is the chorus)

Acedia

Time was when I'd try
A little harder
To win your heart and not to cry
Not sink into my shell
And shut myself away
Time was when I'd try
And maybe I'd win the day
 Not me
Not now
Not today

Time was when I'd wake
For every morning a new start
And another day
But now I'm feeling low
You turned me down again
Time was when I'd wake
And just not feel the pain
Not me
Not now
Not today

If you reconsider
Don't consider me
I'm not the one you want
In wildest fantasy
Don't go coming round here any more
For me
I don't want your pity
Nor your sympathy
Not here
Not now
Not today

Time was when I cared
Dressed in fancy clothes and
Even cut my hair
Now I bow to brothers
As they readily attack
Time was when I cared
Enough to fight them back
Not me
Not now
Not today

Chorus
end

HappyBastard

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
Cheery.  No seriously though, I like the concept album idea and this character matched what you'd said about turmoil.  I think I enjoyed the last verse most, I don't why but lines about cutting hair always sound hard hitting - like in Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.
-- Logic is as logic does but a forgone life isn't life enough --

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
Cheery.  No seriously though, I like the concept album idea and this character matched what you'd said about turmoil.  I think I enjoyed the last verse most, I don't why but lines about cutting hair always sound hard hitting - like in Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Thanks HB, yep, it's not really very cheery, I don't write cheery  :D :D

I'm enjoying this subject matter massively though, I've written and re-written lots of songs for each sin as I get new ideas. I strongly recommend this approach to others, it stretches the old grey matter  :)

Thanks again for your time :)

hab..

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
Still love the concept of this album, love a good theme and this is a very good theme. This is my favourite song out of the ones from your album that you've posted so far, it seems more relatable and I could hear it playing on the radio :) any music for it yet? Would love to hear
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle