TRUTH IS PACING!

• 27 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:32 PM »
Hi guys :) here's one that I resurrected to be part of a 2 chord challenge ::) I know it still needs some work in fitting it all together, so if anyone had any suggestions ???
there's a spoken part in the mid section that questions the meaning of truth...not sure if it's too long ???  :) thanks for listening :)

http://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/truth-is-pacing-c

Truth is pacing…it wants to be free
True is restless, why can’t I see?
Is it out there or is it in here
Am I a mirror, reflecting fear?
Truth is deceptive and hard to find
Is it in the heart or in the mind?

Truth is pacing, it’s gotta be free
Is truth out there, starring at me?
Lost in shadows, of discontent
Light is the key, to make some sense
In this moral famine, we seek the light
To unlock the shadows, in this endless night

So deeply buried under so many lies
Where is the truth where does it hide?

SPOKEN PART

Truth is pacing, it’s breaking free
Is truth waiting inside of me?
How ’bout compassion, and how ‘bout love
How ‘bout Christ and God above
How ‘bout the Buddha and Krishna too
What were they saying, was it the truth?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:20:26 AM by crystalsuzy »

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »
CS, I like the theme, the lyrics and the spoken bit.
Musically its a bit of a smorgasbord, I'm not sure about the juxtaposition of the synth riff and the following acoustic bit...
I'd also like to hear your voice with less fx on it. The singing on the 2nd verse is much more confident and your sound clips are really clear.
Love your ambition,  part of a concept album you're incubating perhaps?
 :)
Neil   

songwriter of no repute..

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »
Hi CS... Like Neil, I found it to be a bit of a smorgasbord effect.  I'm not a big fan of that effect, but I can certainly appreciate and respect it. 

I think every component I heard was well written and well performed.  I'm not so sure they all belong together.  It was  a little jarring from my perspective.  On the other hand, it's kind of a "jarring" song, intended to "provoke" thought.  You can't provoke things (thought included) without jarring somebody's sensibilities.

I suspect that this song accomplishes everything you wanted from it.  It's not likely to become a big commercial success, but it DOES provoke thought and force the listener out of his/her comfort zone and force some "outside the box" comparisons. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »
Hi Suzy,

The synth riff reminded me of Blockbuster by The Sweet.
Zany as ever. Where you get these ideas from must be located somewhere near area 51. :D
Interesting stuff. Thought the spoken bit went on a little too long. Liked the bit starting at 1.20.

Suzyworld is an intriguing place.

Digger

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:08:34 PM »
Wow Suzy, your ideas and ambition are amazing! The day you run out of ideas will be the end of all ideas everywhere!

I love the spoken section, even if it is long, i didn't care, i just enjoyed listening and wanted to hear where you were going. And i loved the heavy thumpy sections...they reminded me of something but i haven't put my finger on it yet...

I need to listen to this again....  ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »
 Thanks Neil I know it's a bit of a 'bit of a smorgasbord' ::) I still have to work on this but it was done as a 2 chord challenge, we had to write a song using only 2 chords and a 3rd only once ??? so it was very challenging ::) and yes I hope to make it part of a concept album some day :o maybe in an next lifetime...if I'm lucky enough to be born with some talent  ;)

Thanks HTM I don't expect any of my songs 'to become a big commercial success' :) I write and experiment for the love of it and sometimes to "provoke" thought :) so I'm happy if this song did this for you, without jarring your sensibilities too much :) :)

Thanks Digger I was wondering it the spoken bit was too long, but I enjoy doing it so much, sometimes I get carried away ::) the bit starting at 1.20 is one of my favourite parts as well, so glad you liked it :) and yep...my world is a little zany for sure ::) just listen to Blockbuster...I'd never heard it before...I guess my riff sounds a little like theirs

Thanks caco I do have a lot of ideas running through my head...I just wish I had your musical talent and knowledge to go with them :) :) this song does take a few listens to get used to it  :) :)

Thanks again everyone for listening :) :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:32:13 PM by crystalsuzy »

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
As others have said, it's way out there. Musically I prefer the acoustic section as I'm not a great fan of snths. Some lovely moments in the background during the spoken passages. I admire your creativity and ability to not be tied down to convention. I liked the vocals without the effects at the beginning.

Thought provoking and original which is good enough for me.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
Hi CS, you must have some good 'stuff' over there in Canada ;). I don't know where to start.the synth riff is Blockbuster or jean genie, take your pick. All the elements were very different, and sometimes confusing. I liked the spoken section, though I'm not usually a fan of them, but it did go on a bit. It was an interesting piece but maybe a bit ' unfocused'. I'm never disappointed when I hear your stuff, it can never be said to be boring ;D.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

AmirMaor

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
Really cool song, well done :)
My First English Song + Clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmkbv-v-vI

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »
It`s a fantasy piece......even if a riff or two as been borrowed .......if you've not seen Cloud Atlas yet ,it`s on Dvd  now.....i`m sure you will love it....i think you should leave this as a one off...and use these `skills` to create something worthy of Pink Floyd or Yes. ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:44:56 PM by songsthatcry »

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
It`s a fantasy piece......even if a riff or two as been borrowed .......if you've not seen Cloud Atlas yet ,it`s on Dvd  now.....i`m sure you will love it....i think you should leave this as a one off...and use these `skills` to create something worthy of Pink Floyd or Yes. ;)

thanks for your comments and opinions STC :) If any of the riffs in this seem borrowed, it's totally accidental :-[ and what riffs are you referring to ??? I've not seen Cloud Atlas but I'll check it out :) Pink Floyd aye? I love them :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
As others have said, it's way out there. Musically I prefer the acoustic section as I'm not a great fan of snths. Some lovely moments in the background during the spoken passages. I admire your creativity and ability to not be tied down to convention. I liked the vocals without the effects at the beginning.

Thanks montydog :) it's funny, but I sure don't try to write songs that are far out there ::) and it doesn't seem that far out there to me ::) that being said, this was a very experimental production for me :o the song just evolved as it went along ::) I experimented with some auto tune on my vocals and it's not a syth, it's actually bass with effects  :) I knew it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea, but hey we gotta step out of the box once in a while ::) thanks CS

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »
Hi CS, you must have some good 'stuff' over there in Canada ;). I don't know where to start.the synth riff is Blockbuster or jean genie, take your pick. All the elements were very different, and sometimes confusing. I liked the spoken section, though I'm not usually a fan of them, but it did go on a bit. It was an interesting piece but maybe a bit ' unfocused'. I'm never disappointed when I hear your stuff, it can never be said to be boring ;D.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Thanks Jamie and yes we do have some 'good stuff' over here in Canada, especially on the west coast ::) but I actually don't partake of it myself these days ::) I knew the spoken part would probably be a little on the long side for some, but I glad you liked it anyway :) I was totally focused while producing this, but I'm not that skilled at weaving the sections together :-[ but it is still a work in progress ;D I'm really happy you never find my stuff boring :) :) thanks again CS

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »

Thanks montydog :) it's funny, but I sure don't try to write songs that are far out there ::) and it doesn't seem that far out there to me ::) that being said, this was a very experimental production for me :o the song just evolved as it went along ::) I experimented with some auto tune on my vocals and it's not a syth, it's actually bass with effects  :) I knew it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea, but hey we gotta step out of the box once in a while ::)
"Thought provoking and original" :) :) I couldn't ask for a nicer comment, so thanks CS

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
The `riffs` were just what had been mentioned by others..i don`t know really?? anyway watch CA it`s a mega film really Blade runner,Avatar all sorts in one film.....i need to watch it again myself...