"Dead Bird": My solo work

• 23 Replies

nfelockhart

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »
jim, beawarethisboy:

Thank you so much! :D

Cameron:

Yea, I do tend to have vocals kind of buried in the mix.. I think it's because I can hear it in my head without it even being in the mix. Another thing is that I'm afraid of having the vocals so clear that my song would sound like modern blues/pop music or something like that-that I don't like. I'm also afraid of pushing back the loudness of everything else by the vocals being too loud. There's a very fine line here that I have to work my self close to. Thank you so much for the input!  :)

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
Look at me ...I'm dancing!!!!!!!  ;D Pushes all the right buttons for me. JJ Cale meets Little Feat with Phish thrown in.......

Groove city. Cranked this up and started to boogie. AND I DON'T DANCE!. Then the middle cranked in. WOOOO! Then Acoustic.... ;D

You've just developed a new genre...Swamp-Prog......but personally I would have kept the first piece as a stand alone and after 3:15 developed a more normal ending?

I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
Hi & welcome,

I am a bit late on this as I have just been away, great feel, great playing & well recorded. Only slight thing for me is that on a couple of bits it got a bit crowded but that's just bloody nit picking, loved it.!!!!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
I really liked this....layed back chill out feel to it..

Kafla

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
Reminded me a lot of Gerry Rafferty

Nice changes and superb rhythm

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »
Very cool.  I love it, instantly makes you feel well groovy  :o  :-[

Sorry I have nothing else constructive to say apart from unstructured v structured, I really don't know with this type of song ...! (that didn't help either!)

Best wishes

Flossie

nfelockhart

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 04:11:11 AM »
Hey thank you everyone!

You've just developed a new genre...Swamp-Prog......but personally I would have kept the first piece as a stand alone and after 3:15 developed a more normal ending?

Hey! Swamp-prog sounds swell as hell! Thanks! :D
By the way, normal endings usually don't come out from me!  ;D

Only slight thing for me is that on a couple of bits it got a bit crowded but that's just bloody nit picking, loved it.!!!!

Thanks! Which part did you think was crowded?? Is it mixing-wise or arrangement/writing-wise? I do intend to make it noisy and chaotic by using delay pedal self-feeding and stuff, but I am aware that sometimes I should back off a little bit to let things that should stand out, stand out. I'd appreciate the detail of your input!  :)

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
Enjoyed this - some good ideas there and a good groove too, with some nice guitar sounds.
liked the way it developed ebbed and flowed.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
very rocking! Grabbed me right from the start

no further comments....just rocking! 8)