konalavadome

Daydreaming on a Sunday Morning (mild expletive)

• 7 Replies

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
Hi there,

https://soundcloud.com/negativeentropy/daydreaming-on-a-sunday-morning

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/lyric-reviews/daydreaming-on-a-sunday-morning/

I picked up these lyrics by Tom Crocus from the lyrics section of the forum... and thought they had some great imagery in them. I had the scene of a postman doing his rounds under the stars, bumping into the milkman and bread-delivery man as he daydreams his round away. Turns out the scene was different - but I've had a go at putting them to music anyway - and found a vocalist to voice them.

There is a bit of rough - experimental editing in there (particularly echo-wise) - and the music is very repetitive, with the variation coming from the vocal... anyway - we would welcome your feedback on what we have so far.

thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:42:51 PM by Doodles »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:52:27 PM »
i really like this, Ben...my wife does too...not often she chips in, either...

i think the mood is just right...for that gentle, crack of dawn thing that i rarely get to suffer nowadays and suddenly found myself missing

shaping up nicely  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:40 PM »
Loved it after 20 seconds - Super Cool and atmospheric. :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »
This is great - I really liked the lyric and sentiment when in the lyrics section. Vocal really working already. And the chugging rhythm reflects some of that drudgery. I can feel it wants to go quite big at some stage... But can't wait to hear more.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »
Yes. Like it a lot!

Listened yesterday and liked it. Nothing's changed! Great feel to it and really good vocal.

Captures that little world of the lyric brilliantly. Great lyric Tom.

Nice one Ben.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

mickeytwonames

• Solo Gig
  • me, my mistress and my dog
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 01:36:46 PM »
Just listened to it on Sunday Morning. Love the general groove - for my taste it's a bit samey fro a 4 minute song - needs tome light and shade -  not sure about mentioning brand names in songs ( particularly as they're both now owned by Kraft!
Mickeytwonames
Practice like you live forever.
Play like you die tonight,

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 07:03:30 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated and great that it is so positive.  :D I also found myself strangly missing the early morning work Paul.  ???

I know most of you guys like doing your own vocals, but I've attached a link to the vocal gig for anyone that might be interested. https://uk.fiverr.com/mattjgreco49/provide-real-rock-n-roll-vocals-for-your-song?funnel=69b9ec64-5b92-478f-a29a-fa02ea0c5a6d

I think I'm going to take a break from this one before coming back. So in the mean time if there are any ideas of how I can improve/finish it they would be appreciated.

Ben