A REQUEST TO THE WEB MASTER...

• 3 Replies

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »
Here is a plea.....

Why not create a new form entitled "updates".  Into this, members can post updates to tracks that they have made in response to feedback.  Rather than clog-up the two main forums - finished songs and WIP - with updates to tracks, does it not makes sense that there is forum into which these can be collected?

I have a number of tracks that i've updated on Soundcloud, based on feedback, but I don't want to repost in the main forum because that is often criticised as self advertising etc etc....  but I DO want the members to have the opportunity to see the improvements i've made, based on their feedback.

Thanks
J.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 11:54:56 PM »
Here is a plea.....

Why not create a new form entitled "updates".  Into this, members can post updates to tracks that they have made in response to feedback.  Rather than clog-up the two main forums - finished songs and WIP - with updates to tracks, does it not makes sense that there is forum into which these can be collected?

I have a number of tracks that i've updated on Soundcloud, based on feedback, but I don't want to repost in the main forum because that is often criticised as self advertising etc etc....  but I DO want the members to have the opportunity to see the improvements i've made, based on their feedback.

Thanks
J.

Isn't that just replicating the problem? The same amount of tracks will re-appear in Finished and then updates and no doubt I'm sure even across all 3 threads then?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
I don't think anyone's going to criticise you for posting updates to songs based on feedback from the members. I can't see how creating a new forum for updates would really help either. So long as you post updates into the original thread you created for that song rather than starting a new one, you're using the forum as I intended it.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »
You don't need to re post, just bump your original post with a new message about the improvements, can't see why that would be a problem..

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!