Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Believe (First Demo, Work In Progress, Advice Needed)

<< < (2/4) > >>

RealKevM:
Thanks @adamfarr :) Yeah I think the tuning is out, I had been playing a while before recording this and stupidly forgot to tune up! Really kind and encouraging words, thank you again.

PaulyX:
Hi Kev, in this one your voice reminded me quite a bit of Tom Verlaine from the band "Television".  Check out "Marquee Moon" if you don't know it.  Don't know if it was that association, but it made me think you could maybe take that further with this song... cultivate more of a unique indie vibe for it... that'd work.  Hope the further development of it goes well mate.

RealKevM:
Hi @PaulyX I don't know that song i'll check it out right now and see where it takes me. Thank you for having a listen and taking the time to reply :)

Andreas:
Hey @RealKevM :) I really like the lyrics and your style of writing! Think you have a really original and powerful voice, and as I have heard it has just gotten better for every song I have heard from you. So just keep on singing and playing and have fun doing it! :)

pompeyjazz:
This is excellent @RealKevM I also got that Jagger swagger and it's great to hear your so much more confident vocals. You see, all that practice and open mic nights are really paying dividends now "Wipe your feet on my dreams" is such a brilliant opening line and as @PaulyX says you really should check out Marquee Moon. So ahead of its time. I really can't believe that it was released in 1977. Top work Kev, you continue to grow  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version