Dreams

• 35 Replies

mariopradiptacana

• Busker
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
when hear the first intro...
(feels like summer's coming, the picture on the song icon resembles it though)
the rest makes me feel in awe..
(like a free soul who spoken their stories, drawn into it.. i'm a good listener, lol ;D

nice range for the vocals, great singing because it complements the song very well..

"If we just sat, and talked all day long,
Would we be close enough, to prevent wrong.
I'll dry your eyes, if you need me to,
I'll show you how maybe, to trust anew."

i love the lyric.. it's kind of lyric which makes ourselves look in the mirror.. and think what if i'm in this situation.. how the feeling goes emotionally.. it resembles much in the song itself..

anyway, overall this is a good material, an emotional song with a deep feeling for me, maybe someday it'll be featured in a soundtrack of a movie or maybe a music clip (really looking forward for this one, u should consider this! haha)

this is my first review on the forum, and i'm so proud to hear and post a review of your track!
great job, bro! pardon my language, i only got B for my writing skills on english course in my country :p

Greetings from Indonesia

faero

• Busker
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
I took some time out to listen to this a few times again on the big stereo in the house with some volume and what a great song - the recording quality is top notch.

I like the fact it's a touch quirky with the slightly more grungey guitars and slighly more manic drums than you'd expect from the initial style.  I had a horrible moment of a slovakian Eurovision entry styleee at one point but it lifted itself above that ....( I assume that's not the style goal  :-\

Vocal melody is really intrguiging and a bit different all the way - excellent.   I really cannot think of anything to improve those vocals to my ears.  Top notch.

Track has lots of space/time - especially with the cello break out (which sounds great)

Thoughts to lift it further:
Main quirk is that I couldn't sing back the melody / hook afterwards - in fact the verse is more catchy than the chorus but I'll be damned if I can tell you what the song is once it's finished (after 3 listens).

Bass is very shy and electronic sounding (mentioned before)
Some slightly  more natural drums would be great
A touch too compressed overall?  Hard to tell.

Overall superb and made me think a lot about how I might do my next effort...

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
Hi all

Quick update...

Another forum collaboration  ;D

I recorded a new bassline with a real bass and the wonderful AMPEG SVX plugin I have recently got

I think it gives the track a "smoover" feel with real bass

www.soundcloud.com/domstone86/dreams

I also noticed DOM has made numerous other tweaks to the mix - it certainly feels more "dynamic" now
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Redster

• Busker
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
Much improved with the shiny new bass - brilliant work :)

domstone86

• Open Mic
    • Facebook URL
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
Thanks guys! I've been a bit absent due to partying and epic adventuring the last couple weeks, I guess I never had the chance before :P

mariopradiptacana: Your English is certainly good enough! Thank you, lyrics aren't my strong point so I'm glad if something works! We'll see where it goes :P

Faero: Thank you :) I tried singing this at a small light hearted talent contest the other day in London, but I didn't quite get it right haha, wish I was consistent! I did get rid of some electronically programmed guitar as it cluttered the mix despite giving it a texture, hopefully it's alright without it.

No Eurovision!!! :P

Not sure why the second verse is more catchy haha, I guess consistency isn't my strong point either!

Thanks Boydie for the bass stem of course, it fitted in very easily! :)

faero

• Busker
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
Lovely job now!   excellent.  The new bass is smooth and fills out the sound,  the much improved guitars mean that the Eurovision sound is banished (now that they are sorted, they were the culrpit!)

Keep up the challenging melodies / interesting vocals - in the end that's what gives this song it's edge.